Chapter 7

Titus’ POV

I woke earlier than I normally do, and for several minutes I just laid in bed thinking of my mate. A smile flashed across my lips as I remembered the way she blushed when I kissed her cheek when I said goodnight. Jumping out of bed, I quickly put on fresh clothes and hurry to her room.

Knocking on the door softly, I open it and step in. I look at the bed to find it un-slept in. Confused I look around the room to find her asleep on the floor. I just smile and shake my head. Gently picking her up, I pull the covers back and lay her on the bed.

 Stepping out of her room, I make my way to the dining room and grab some breakfast. Wayne sees me as I slowly look the choices over and walked towards me. “Where’s Jenny?”

“She was still sleeping when I looked in on her. We stayed up late last night just talking.” He nods and I notice a small smile on his face. “I guess when you leave you’ll be taking her with you.”

“I sure will Wayne. I’ve been searching for her for years. Now that I have her, I’m not letting her go.” He chuckles softly and goes to get himself a plate of food. I eat my food slowly, my mind churning over the plans of finding out who leaked the Dark Moon pack location to the Marcellos. After breakfast, I walked out of the house and sat on the steps.

“Titus!” My head jerks up and I smile as I watch my best friend run into the yard. I stand up and hug her. “Ellen. What are you doing here?”

“I was passing through the area and I heard that you were here. So I decided to drop by. I hope you don’t mind.” She says laughing at me. I smile and laugh with her. “I’ve got some news for you.” I start but she interrupts. “I smell some food. Take me to it.” I laugh again and lead her to breakfast.

Once she was seated, I went to Jenny’s room. Finding it empty, I start looking for my mate. As I pass the library, I catch a faint whiff of her scent and I silently push the door open. I spot her sitting in front of the window reading. The sight took my breath away. I lost track of how long I stood there watching her read.

Hearing my name being called, I reluctantly pull my eyes off her and glance down the hall. Ellen was standing by the den waving at me. With one last look at Jenny, I turn and walk down the hall. Ellen hands me a glass of bourbon and stats talking about a prank the two of us pulled when we were younger.

I was laughing at something she said when suddenly I felt her lips on mine. It shocked me and I put my arms around her, pushing her away. “Ellen. What was that for?” I ask stepping backwards. “I love you Titus. I’ve loved you since we were kids running around the pack pulling pranks. Don’t tell me you can’t feel the connect we have.”

I just stare at her. My wolf was growling softly, annoyed that I would let someone other than our mate kiss us that way. “Listen Ellen, there’s something you should know; something I’ve been trying to tell you since I first saw you. I’ve found my mate. I love her and only her. You’re like my little sister Ellen. That’s the only connect I have with you.”

She laughs and steps towards me. “I mean it Ellen. If you try to touch or kiss me again, I will have nothing to do with you.” Ellen looks into my eyes. “You’re dead serious.”

“You know me well enough to know that I wouldn’t joke about finding my mate.” I notice that she looks embarrassed. “I’m sorry about before Titus.” I shrug and rub the back of my neck. “I’d like to meet her.” Ellen says almost too soft for me to hear, but I still heard. “You can in the morning.” I say looking out the window. “She’s probably in bed now.”

Ellen gives me a half smile and leaves. I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding and slumped onto the couch. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I know, Wayne was shaking me awake. “Titus. Titus, come man, wake up.”

I grown and rub my eyes. “What’s going on?” I ask looking up at him. He doesn’t say anything, he just hands me a small note. With one glance I knew that the handwriting belonged to Jenny.

Dear King Winters,

I want to thank you for your hospitality and kindness towards me. I hate to leave without saying goodbye to you and the Queen personally, but it’s best for everyone if I left quietly. I am after all just a rouge, but my loyalties will always lie with you.

I don’t deserve your forgiveness but I’m asking for it anyway. Tell everyone I said goodbye and tell Joel to make sure he doesn’t forget to get the information about Walter’s leader. They were working for someone.

                                                                                                Jenny Rose

I couldn’t breathe after I finished reading her words. “When…When did you find this?”

“Just this morning, but I’d say that she left it in my office sometime last night. Her scent was almost gone.” I jumped to my feet and raced down the hall. Stopping at her door, I knock loudly. “Jenny? Jenny, its Titus sweetheart. Open the door.” I wait for several minutes but I didn’t hear anything stirring beyond the door. Dread fills my heart and I reach for the knob. Only to find it locked.

“Jenny, if you’re in the room, please step away from the door.” I say as I step back and kick the door in. Rushing into the room, the first thing I notice is the lack of her scent. Wayne starts to look around the room as well. “She only took what was hers Titus.”

I felt my heart break in half. Running my fingers through my hair, I turn to look at the king. “Why? Why did she run?” I could see the sadness in his eyes as well. “I’m not sure Titus. Her note didn’t leave must to go on. I have my best men trying to track her. They’ll let us know the second they find her.”

He left the room but I couldn’t bring myself to move. Sinking to my knees, I try to soak in as much of her scent that was left in the room. Roman was howling, trying to contact Jenny’s wolf. But I could tell he wasn’t having my luck. Surging to my feet, I stride out of the room with one purpose in mind: finding my mate again.