Chapter 18

Titus' POV

I yelled at one of the trackers. My wolf was just seconds from taking over. When I awoke to find Jenny missing yet again, I felt my heart shatter. My mind went to how I found her last night in the kitchen and I let out a sigh. She was pushing herself beyond her limits. And for what? No one knew.

"Just find her." I rake my fingers through my hair. If she kept this disappearing act up much longer, I'd go completely insane with worry. And the fact that Ellen was still out there somewhere wasn't helping my state of mind. The day marched on and still no sign of her.

I was currently sitting in the library having a one sided conversation with the Moon Goddess. It's not like I ever expect her to answer, it just helps me sort things out, to find a solution. Suddenly, Jenny's scen hits me and I bolt out of the room. I reach the hallway just in time to watch my mate crumble to the floor.

With a growl that filled the entire house, I rushed towards her, dread sinking my heart. "Jenny? Love open your eyes. I'm here." I lift her into my arms and the smell of blood makes me flinch. Quickly I look for any injury, only to find each of her fingertips covered in blood. But I could smell that it wasn't hers. What had she been doing?

"Titus?" Wayne spoke behind me and I turned with Jenny still in my arms. His eyes went to her hands when he smelled the blood. Understanding flashed through his eyes and puzzled me. He knew how that blood came to be on her, but how? Why?

"We need to talk." I say as I start walking to the infirmary. He just nodded his head and fell into step. "Have you noticed how bad she's been looking lately?" I asked him, not caring how I sounded. "I haven't even seen her Titus."

"I found her last night in the kitchen Wayne. She looked almost dead on her feet. She's lost weight which in my opinion she couldn't afford to lose. And I have a feeling that last night was the first night of sleep she's had in months." Wayne rubbed his neck as we entered another part of the house. The smell of bleach burnt my nose.

Wayne called for the doctor as I laid my mate on the table. The doctor rushed in and lowered his head in respect before moving closer to my mate. "What happened?"

"I have no idea. I only saw her collaspe at the foot of the stairs. She has someone's blood on her hands, but from what I don't know either."

"She was mind melding." Wayne spoke up and I turned to look at him. "Mind what?"

"It's a technique that her old pack used to gather information from others.I witnessed her doing it once before. That's how we knew that Ellen had been the one that betrayed our kind." At the sound of Ellen's name Jenny's hand moved slightly but she didn't wake. We stood there in silence as the doctor examined her.

After twenty minutes, he stepped out of the room, nodding for both of us to follow him. He made sure that the door was shut before he started speaking. "That poor girl is currently in a coma. If and when she wakes up from it, I can't tell you." At my low growl, he just lifts his hands up. "What I can tell you is that her body and mind has been pushed beyond the limits it can endure. She's exhausted. And from what I saw, she hasn't been eating properly or getting the amount of sleep she needs."

Wayne took in a sharp breath. "Every morning there's been a plate of breakfast on my desk. I knew that Jenny had placed it there, but not once had I thought that she hadn't eaten anything." I felt a surge of emotions through the mate bond. Anger, pain, loss, hurt, and disappointment flooded me. I knew that they came from Jenny.

Rushing back into her room, I was disappointed to find her still unconscious. "What can we do now Doc?" I asked when he stepped beside me. "We can only wait now Sir. It is up to her and her wolf now." With that, he left us alone. Pulling up a chair beside her bed, I take her hand in mine. "Please Jenny, come back to me. I can't lose you. I need you. Please."