Chapter 15

Jenny's POV

I couldn't believe my ears. First of all, let me just say that ease dropping isn't right. But when your mate starts clamming up around you and doesn't let you know what's going on, you tend to have to pull out all the stops. Right now, I am so mad at him, I could slap him. He was in the office with King Winters, ordering my sister's death.

If I could speak, his ears would be bleeding right now. And it wasn't even Ellen's fault. The whole thing had been my idea. But Titus didn't listen, so to speak, to me when I tried to explain to him. He just assumed that it was her fault.

*****36 Hours Earlier*****

I was laying in bed minding my own business when Ellen linked with me. Jen, I may have found us an opening on the hunters.

What and when?

The head honcho goes to lunch at the same restaurant everyday. He only takes two guards with him, and they stay at the front door. I was thinking that we could sneak in the back and poison his food. With him out of the way, the others would be scattered and easier to take down.

It sounds like a good plan... I'll have to get back with yo on that. Titus is coming. I drop the link and start reading the book that was sitting in my lap. I heard the door open, but I pretended that I hadn't heard. "That must be a good book." Titus says as he sits beside me.

I just shrug and close it. Looking at him, I can see that something's wrong. -What's the matter?

"Nothing, I've just had a rough day. We might have found a way to lure the hunters into a trap, sort of like you explained to Wayne. Only, we'd use both his pack and the Council." I just nod. It sounded like a good idea to me. He lets out a sigh.

"The problem is, we can't find a way to get the patriarch hunter. He's always closely guarded." I couldn't believe it. Ellen found a pattern of his, but the King of the werewolves and half of the Council couldn't. Something seemed wrong to me. I had faith in my sister, but my wolf didn't. Sure, she felt the family bond tugging us to her, but Lily had always been hard to trust.

Titus stayed for a hour and then leaves. I hated hiding this from him, but this was more my fight than his. It was time for me to get revenge for the deaths of my pack and family. It was time the hunters paid. In blood and with their lives.

Once I knew that Titus was gone, I linked with my sister and told her that she needed to gather anyone willing to help us. I quickly hide my things and check out the hallway. No one was in sight. Looking out the window, I could tell that no wolf was within half a mile of me.

Jumping out, I land on my feet and shift. Running into the woods, I quickly find Ellen's scent and follow it. It lead to a neutral spot where I found her surrounded by hundreds of rouges and several vampires.

"They've all agreed to help us. Let's just say I called in a bunch of I.O.U.s." I give my sister a smile and eye everyone. My wolf was in edge being so close to so many exiled wolves and vampires, but I just pushed her down. I noticed that one of the older vampires was watching me.

"Having a hard time with your wolf?" He asked but I shook my head no. I learned the hard way to never show any emotion whatsoever. A confused looked crossed his face and he turned towards one of his friends.

"Alright. Now, a handful of wolves will draw the guards away while the vampires handle the security inside. Once those are taken care of, either myself or my sister will draw our target out and into the woods.

"Once he's there, we'll surround him and kill him. The rest of his kind will be taken care of by the King and the Council."

We left and headed towards the restaurant. I could feel Titus trying to open a link with. But I add another block to my mind. Another minute passed and King Winters tried contacting me as well. And while I knew that it wouldn't end good for me, I blocked him as well.