Chapter 11

Jenny's POV

(In Walter's Mind)

Walter's mind was very simple. I could tell that he was used to following orders and not giving them. He wasn't one of the higher ups, but he kept his ear to the ground, and he heard things. Slowly picking my way deeper into his mind, I stumble onto the memory that I was looking for.

Walter was crouched behind the door shaking. He hated it when one of the bosses came around. "Alright Charlie. You and Walter will head for the King's territory and see if the two of you can get in. Once y'all are in the pack, or if enough days have passed without hearing from you, I will assume that the first part of our plan was successful.

"Our contact, Ellen, will find you two and once the girl, King and Queen are killed, the second part will fall into place. Everything rests on your shoulders. You can't afford to fail." The boss continued speaking, but I focused on the image that flooded Walter's mind. It was an image that I knew well. It was the woman that I found kissing my mate. A woman named Ellen.

I gasped and with drew my fingers from his head. The woman that Titus loved was the one that planned on betraying the pack. She would have our blood on her hands. I clutch my head and collapse onto the floor. Just as the darkness overwhelmed me, I could feel the King picking me up. The last thought that made sense, was that he reminded me so much of my father.

It felt like a lifetime when I finally opened my eyes. Looking around me, I realized that I was in the infirmary. I sit up and wince at the sudden motion. A small, pounding headache erupted behind my eyes and I out a silent groan. Slowly, I take in the white room. Everything except for two sleeping wolves was in place. My eyes roamed over my mate as I heard my wolf sigh softly with love. Rolling my eyes, I glance at the second body, only to realize that it was the king.

Either I made a sound, or they felt my eyes on them. They started stirring and Titus woke first. He rubbed his face and when his eyes met mine, he froze. A thousand thoughts were swirling around in my mind, but I didn't know how to express them. Mainly because I knew that since I couldn't link with him, and he couldn't understand sign language, we were at an impasse. Seconds later the king sat up and smiled at me.

A small smile appeared on my lips but quickly vanished. "What happened down there Jenny?" Shrugging slowly, I start signing. -It's a technique that all of us were taught. It's one of the many secrets that my pack held onto over the years. It's called mind melding. It allows us to enter the mind of the person and see if they are telling the truth, lying, what secrets they're hiding from us. It also allows us to witness some memories as if we were there as well.

I found out who the traitor is... I stopped there and looked at my mate. He kept glancing between the king and I slowly, and I knew that he hated it that he was being left out of the conversation; however unintentional it was. King Winters seemed to understand what was going on, so he turned to Titus. "Jenny here used a method that her pack taught her to help find out who the traitor was.

"She was just saying that what she did was called mind melding. And that she did in fact learn the traitor's name." Both of them were now looking at me, but my eyes were still on Titus. Even though he was my mate, and meant only for me, I was saddened for him. The woman he loved was the spy who wished to sell her king and kinsmen out to hunters.

How could I tell him that? But how could I not tell my king who she was? I had sworn my allegiance to his pack and I would stand by that. After all, when a Dark Moon wolf gave their word, there was nothing that could stop him or her from completing what they had promised to do. It was who we were, and who I am.