Chapter 19

Jenny's POV

Everyone just stared at the king. He walked back to his office and silently we all followed him. "Thane and I were born an hour apart. He's the oldest, and it should be he standing in my place right now. He should have been king. But, he wasn't quite right in the head.

"Father noticed too late that Thane had a thirst for bloodshed, for violence. So, he banned Thane from the pack and from ever being king. He gave me the title the day I turned twenty. A month later, I found my father in a pool of his own blood. Thane killed him." The Queen gasped softly and stepped closer to her mate.

"I had no idea that after all this time he still wanted the crown. But he's become to feral to try to reason with. I'm afraid that they only way he'll be stopped is in death." I met my alpha's gaze and he shook his head no. I can defeat him Alpha.

No you can't Jenny. You're still too weak from earlier.

I can take him. It's in my blood to protect you, even until death.

And what of your mate? What of Titus?

He would understand Alpha. This is who I am. His sigh made Titus look at him. "What's wrong Wayne?"

"Jenny here thinks she can take my brother on and beat him." Titus glared at me but I didn't look his way. "No."

"That's what I told her." King Winters said with a chuckle. "You have one stubborn, mule-y mate on your hands Titus." He let out a sigh. "That's how everyone in the Dark Moon used to be. It was their birthright to defend their king. And nothing except for death can stop them from doing just that." Titus growled softly, not liking the idea of me dying.

Alpha, I am not the last of the Dark Moon.

You're not?!

No, my older sister yet lives. I was very young when she left and only remembered her a few months ago. I know where she is.

Would she help us?

It depends.

On what? He asked but I didn't answer. I would not bring Ellen here with Titus still trying to kill her for my decision. "What does it depend on Jenny?" The king demanded. –I won't bring her here when she's still in danger.

"No one here wants to hurt your sister Jenny." Everyone looked at me surprised. I shake my head. –Titus does. You even signed the warrant allowing him to kill her.

"What do you... Oh. Oh." Understanding hit him and I could see that he knew I was speaking about Ellen. "She's your sister?" I nod my head once. "But what she did cannot be overlooked." I shrug. –She's the only family I have left Alpha. And she has paid for that mistake every day of her life since then. I've forgiven her.

"Would she be willing to help us?" I could feel the confusion rolling off Titus as he tried to figure out who I was talking about. –She might. But I refuse to bring her here when someone still wants to kill her.

"Jenny."

It was my idea Alpha, facing the head of the Marcellos. I would have done it without the help of Ellen anyway. She called in a few favors. Without her, I would have died that day.

"Would someone tell me what in the blue blazes both of you are talking about?" Titus spat out, glaring at the king and I. "Jenny here was just telling me that there is another member of the Dark Moons still living."

"Great. Get them here to help."

"It's not that easy Titus." The king looked from my mate to me. Titus looked at me, worry and confusion on his face. "What does this have to do with Jenny?"