Chapter 07 | If it talks, punch it.

THE SILENT TREATMENT

THE SILENT TREATMENT. ONE OF the worst punishments you could give your best friend after they walked out on you. Something that I've been receiving for the past 36 hours. If it was anything Kalle extremely hated, it would be not getting the last word but this is clearly deeper than that.

The answer to my last statement that I'd said to her is clearly a definite yes but I didn't think it would be this dramatic.

10 Voicemails, 59 text messages, and 27 social media notifications. What makes it worse is she hasn't even shown up to school, Normani says she's visited her house and knows that she's okay but I have to know that for myself.

The least she could've done was text me back and answer my numerous apologies but I suppose not. I'm currently at the diner with Logan since he insisted on leaving the house for a bit, something about getting enough sun to make sure he's healthy. We're sitting on the stools near the counter, waiting for our order.

I was on my phone, still trying to get a hold of Kalle and Logan was reading this new book my sister had sent from Boston. Avalon Blakes. My sister was the star student of star students which got her in both my parents' good graces. Graduating high school as valedictorian, more credits than I could count, and still managing to juggle around sports, Avalon was an older version of my friend group's very own Normani Deveraux.

She was currently in Boston completing her General Surgery residency and that basically explained why she would rarely call home. I've watched enough Grey's Anatomy episodes with Kalle to know the complications.

"You know..." Logan was now facing me, his book closed but you could see a batman bookmark sticking out making sure he knew where he left off. "If you're so desperate to get her attention, you should just go to her house."

"I can't, I have no idea where it is," I replied while thinking that I was in way over my head trying to explain my issues to an 8-year-old.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "How are you guys best friends but you don't know where she lives?"

"I don't know, little man, next time we see Kalle, you mind asking her that question?"

He gives it a thought before responding, "Kennith from across the street says never to ask a girl a question she's touchy with or else she'll turn into Tiffany from that one doll movie."

"What the hell are they teaching kids these days?"

Shrugging, he turns his attention back to his book but I quickly stop him. "Our order's ready, c'mon."

I grab our bag of food and make sure to keep a palm underneath the bag although it was hot, in case it tore. I already paid beforehand with some tips because someone seemed to have sparked some kindness in me.

Just as Logan and I were about to head inside the car, he suddenly shouts the name that's been on my mind. I saw her and I swear time was standing still. I was sucked in by those damn eyes again as if it were the day we had first met.