Chapter 14 | KAY, IF I DIE, CREMATE ME, okay?

"KAY, IF I DIE, CREMATE ME okay? Let me have a beautiful moment in life even after I'm dead and throw my ashes near the beach

"KAY, IF I DIE, CREMATE ME okay? Let me have a beautiful moment in life even after I'm dead and throw my ashes near the beach."

Lots of people I know want to be buried. I don't really understand why because there's honestly no point, there's not a physical piece of you that's left with your loved ones.

I remember someone in my family got cremated so their ashes could be put in these tiny glass bottles. Most of my family members got a glass bottle with a few of the ashes so we'd still have a piece of them with us.

Those little bottles were the only piece of family that my mansion of a home had. I'd be an idiot to believe that Kayson and Slater weren't both wondering why there weren't any family photos or heirlooms or just family in there.

I thought back to their wandering eyes as they gazed at their new, unfamiliar surroundings. It made me uneasy because they got to see a part of me that was so far away from the world. They got to see one of the few things I wanted to be left alone about.

My question seemed to have stumped him because as his face made a scrunched-up look of confusion, I asked another question. "Do you wanna be cremated for the beautiful moment with the whole kumbaya throwing the ashes near the beach thing or do you wanna go with the sentiments and leave the ashes with your loved ones?"

He shrugs. "Well, assuming all my loved ones will be dead with me, besides you, of course, you'll be alive longer than me, I'm going with that first option."

His answer made me flinch. This goes back to the family topic. Was having children in the future not something he wanted?

Leaving those thoughts alone, I sat up from the bench we were sitting on and quickly did another round of searching as cars, buses, and people passed by us. Kayson and I were at the airport, more specifically in the waiting area.

We were currently waiting for my two cousins to show up. We even had a sign that said their names. Thea and Theo Edwards. It's been about thirty minutes since we arrived and I was losing patience.

My parents insisted I go and wait for them because they were officially my responsibility for the week since they were family and I had the closest age range to them. What a load of bullshit.

Everyone knows they're too busy to be caught up in babysitting. I tried asking Mimi to come with me but she quickly dodged my question due to her busy schedule. I didn't wanna go alone, though.

The anxiety erupts inside me when I face something alone or when I'm alone in general. I'm more of a people person, being alone is a strange territory to enter. So, I got the one person who I knew would always be by my side even when we had an elephant in the room.

Whatever the hell happened the day he finally entered my home, we haven't spoken about it ever since. That didn't stop the events from popping up in my brain every so often these last few weeks. Kayson's tired, brown orbs and ruffled-up hair haunted my dreams every day.