005. no freaky things, please

ೃ⁀➷ ˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗
sirens, sirens
( teen wolf. s3A )

chapter five

chapter five.
no freaking things, please

     TRACK.

     No one really wanted to participate in it unless they had a good reason to do so. Hence, Alani's reason━━she wanted to get into shape. In the girl's mind, there wasn't anything really wrong with her physique━━she had never been to insecure about the way she looked (something she was grateful for; she knew how bad insecurities could alter one's mind), but she wasn't exactly what someone would call healthy. Sure, Alani Mordor ate well, but she'd never bothered to exercise. She didn't participate in any sports when she was younger, and she didn't go to the gym. So, when Alani heard of the opportunity for her to join track, she took it up.

     Now, however, she didn't know if she was starting to regret the idea.

     As she stood tall, stretching her arms sideways so she wouldn't pull a muscle whilst running, Alani looked at her surroundings. The majority of students there were boys, with the occasional girl or two. It caused her to feel a little intimidated, but she tried not to let it get the best of her. She was doing this for herself━━who cared if people judged her for it.

     In front of her, bent low as he began to tie up his shoelaces, Isaac Lahey was situated in between two others━━others that were apart of the Alpha pack, Alani noted. She watched as the boy's figure tensed, his muscles constructing, as he looked up forwards, his senses telling him who was around him.

     From what Stiles had told Alani (well, everything he was able to in the short amount of time he was given), that trio being near one another wasn't exactly going to end well.

     Alani turned around, her eyes scanning across the sea of students in order to look for two particular people. When they finally landed on Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski, she noticed that they were already looking towards Isaac in scared anticipation. They had been thinking the same thing as her.

     The pair must've felt eyes on their figures, for a second or two later, their focused turned on her. A tight-lipped smile made its way to Scott's lips, acknowledging her, and Stiles seemed to stand up straighter, sending her an over-excessive wave. Before she was able to reciprocate any gesture to either boys, a whistle blew.

     Beginning to start off with a slow jog, Alani tried her best to clear her mind, to think of things that couldn't potentially kill them. That was another thing, now━━it was them, including herself. Alani was practically apart of their group, which meant whatever was threatening them, was technically threatening her, now.

     God, what had she gotten herself into?

     Behind her, she heard Scott's voice yell out for Isaac's name, presumably attempting to grab his attention before he did anything stupid and irrational, but as Alani went to turn around, said boy stumbled into her, pushing past her as he raced to the front and in the direction of the twins. Consequently so, Alani lost her footing slightly, and was about to go tumbling to the ground before a pair of hands caught her.