006. investigative buddies

ೃ⁀➷ ˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗
sirens, sirens
( teen wolf. s3A )

chapter six

chapter six.
investigative buddies

AFTER such a scolding from Sheriff Stilinski, Alani Mordor and Stiles Stilinski did their best to rush back into school on time to catch up with whatever they were missing. Neither had really spoken much on their journey back━━both of their minds seemed to be too preoccupied with thoughts.

     Kyle wasn't a virgin, and the cause of his death was one thousand percent not your typical murder. In fact, it was still similar to the way the other three teens had died, which meant it was still sacrificial. Alani couldn't quite believe these words were flowing through her mind, but she knew there was now a new pattern they needed to figure out.

      But, despite Alani's curiosity continuing to pique thanks to hanging out with Stiles seemingly way too much than she would've originally preferred, the blonde teen decided she needed a little bit of normalcy back in her life after such a brutal discovery. So, as both Stiles and Alani walked through the double doors, back into the crowded corridors of school, Alani glanced at Stiles, pointing in the opposite direction, insinuating that the next place she needed to be was down there. Giving him a reticent smile, she began to make her way down there, but not before being forced in a completely different direction.

     "You know," she sighed, but allowed Stiles to continue to drag her away from where she needed to be, "I'm really not liking the feeling of getting used to you forcing me away from places I need to be... you know, like school."

     "We're in school, okay? It counts." He gave her a look, and his hand only tightened around Alani's arm. The grip didn't need to be so tight━━she'd have followed him anyway, by this point, considering it always seemed like she had no choice when it came to Stiles and his own interests. "Besides, maybe you should've thought about your dislike of not being dragged before you joined my lonely investigation."

     Scrunching her face up, Alani's arm had finally gone slack within Stiles' embrace. "Lonely investigation? What━━you mean into the sacrifices?"

     "Yes━━" he started off, albeit a little irritated at her complaints, but cut himself off as something seemed to spark in his mind. He halted in his steps, causing Alani to abruptly force herself to a stop, too, before she could fully bump into him, and watched as his face lit up a little. "Hey, we could even be investigative buddies!"

     An expression of utter disbelief plastered itself against Alani's features as she took in his previous words. "Investigative buddies? What are we━━twelve?"

     Immediately, Stiles' face fell, expression a little downtrodden before he brought himself back to his senses in order to disguise the slight hurt he must've felt at her words. For a moment, it caused Alani's own heart to shatter a little, and she wished she could've taken what she said back, but it was already too late. Besides, she knew later on━━or, in just a few moments, knowing Stiles━━she wouldn't feel so bad, because he'd say something that would just further annoy her.