008. walking in wonders

ೃ⁀➷ ˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗
sirens, sirens
( teen wolf. s3A )

chapter eight

chapter eight.
walking in wonders

TRIGGER WARNING:
mentions of suicide, depressing thoughts, drowning, etc. if anybody needs to talk, my dms are always open <33 please read with caution.

     THE dark enveloping all around them consumed Alani Mordor's thoughts━━completely tired now, after having such a full day already. Not only had Scott McCall, someone who she knew she was growing to care deeply for, considering how he allowed her into their group so willingly, almost died, Isaac Lahey had almost beaten Ethan to death, and Alani found out that they were keeping an eye on her. That thought was probably the one that was terrorising her mind the most. Alani desperately tried her best to ignore the slight feeling of betrayal━━they had a right to be so suspicious of her, especially when there was a maniac running around the town, committing sacrifices. It wasn't like they could so easily trust her... so, why did it hurt so much?

Eventually, the bus pulled up just outside of a motel's parking lot. It was hard to discern the details of the building, but from what Alani━━and, by the looks of it, most of the other students━━could see through the neon lights providing her sight, it didn't look great. It was a small motel, to say the least, but even then, it didn't exactly look to be taken care of. There were dark stains against some of the building's walls, and Alani shuddered at the possibility of what it might be.

     One by one, each student made their way out the bus, slowly, almost like no one really wanted to believe they were going to be staying there. Alani didn't want to believe it, either, to be honest.

     Standing next to Allison and Lydia, hands tucked safely in her coat pockets for extra warmth during such a dark night, the trio of girls watched as the last of the students emerged from the bus━━Scott and Stiles. Disgust and shock was plastered on their faces. Alani had to stifle a laugh.

     Looking around himself, Scott━━ever the optimistic━━attempted to look on the bright side of their situation. Alani didn't understand how there could be a bright side when they were staying somewhere as unique as the Motel Glen Capri. "I've seen worse..." There was a tone to his voice, like he didn't believe the words tumbling from his mouth himself, like it was a question, rather than a statement.

     "Where have you seen worse?" Stiles quipped back, completely in disbelief at Scott's attempt of being positive.

     From behind him, Alani stifled a chuckle, shrugging nonchalantly. "Probably your bedroom." At her words, Stiles immediately knew who they were coming from, without even recognising the sound of her voice. He turned, a look of annoyance on his features, probably getting ready to scold her. But, his expression softened just slightly when he noticed her continuing gentle laughter. Instead, he only shook his head at her, rolling his eyes, before turning back around.