~ Chapter - 3 ~

- I L A R I A - 

"Aria! Wake up! You are going to be late." Mom said waking me up. 

"Mhm." I mumbled as I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Hurry up, Aria. It's already 7, honey." Mom said before going out of the room. I lazily stood up and walked to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, took a shower and dressed up. I did my curly hair in a ponytail. I took my phone but as soon as I switched it on, I saw about 80 messages from unknown numbers. 

Useless. 

Why are you like this? 

Makes sense even your own family doesn't like you.

Pathetic. 

Ugly

Why are you so skinny? 

You look awful. 

Nobody cares for you. 

Why can't you just die? 

My message box was filled with mean and rude messages from God knows whom. Tears were pricking in my eyes threatening to fall. And even though I wanted to ignore them, I couldn't . I wanted to have that 'I don't give a shit' type of attitude but I don't have it. My heart was breaking with every other message, I read. I threw the phone on the bed roughly and sat down with my head in my hands. 

Why are these messages affecting me so much? Those people probably know nothing about me. I shouldn't care about them, right? Maybe because the messages were partially ....... true? 

"No. No. No. They aren't true. They aren't true Aria. You are not pathetic or useless or ugly." I kept repeating the same thing over and over again . That was when I remembered what my Grandma used to say when I was a child. 

"Everything God makes is beautiful and he made you, Princess."

I shouldn't waste my tears on some freaking unknown messages. Grandma must be watching me now. I have to stay strong for her. For Mom. For myself. I can't let some random messages mess with my heart. It took 9 months for Mom to make it.

"Aria! Breakfast is ready!" I heard Mom shout. I wiped away the last few tears, breathed deeply, took my backpack and phone and went downstairs trying my best to forget those messages. 

"What took so long, honey?" Mom asked as she placed my breakfast on the table. 

"I couldn't find one of my book." I lied. Mom just hummed and went back to the kitchen. The twins entered the living room too. 

"Hiding your ugly face with makeup, weren't you?" Xander snickered while Xavier laughed. 

"Shut up!" I snapped. They were shocked by my response but covered it quickly. I was shocked too, I rarely ever snap especially at my brothers. But the messages from earlier were really messing with my mind and they weren't helping at all. 

"Someone's grumpy today." Xavier mocked. I ignored his question and focused on my sandwich instead. The twins kept making jokes on me but stopped eventually when I didn't reacted. 

"Why are you so sulky today? Is something wrong?" Xander asked and his voice hinted a bit of concern? Maybe if I tell them they can help. 

"In the morning when I checked my phone there were a lot of mean messages from unknown numbers. I don't know how to block them. They keep using other numbers." I told them. They kept listening and started laughing. I looked at them shocked. Is it really a joke to them? 

"Why are you guys laughing?" I asked pissed. 

"What else do you want us to do? You are crying about some stupid messages?" Xander laughed.

"What else will we do? We are not here to worry about you childish problems." Xavier joined in. I took my bag and stormed out of the room. They think it's funny and childish? I was a fool to think they will actually care about it. 

"Aria! Why are you going alone? You can go with your brothers!" I heard Mom shout from inside. 

"No! I'm fine by myself, Mom!" I yelled back and started walking to my school. It's only 15 minutes from my home so I normally go by myself but since Mom is here she forces my brothers to take me with them.

- Time Skip - 

"Hey Ilaria!" Ella greeted me sweetly and hugged me. 

"Hey." I said forcing a smile but she seemed to notice it. 

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

"Yeah." I told her about those messages. She didn't seemed much bothered about it and that shocked me. 

"But I still can't understand how did they get my number. Nobody except you and Alex have my number in school." I said. Alex is Kevin's bestfriend, he is good and we get along really well. 

"So it has to be Alex then." She said.

"I really don't think Alex will do such a thing." I said . Alex is a nice and trustworthy guy and I don't think he'll won't do such a thing to me. 

"Then do you think I did it?" She said raising an eyebrow.

"No dude. When did I say that?" I said. She let out a scoff. I don't understand what's wrong with everyone today. She is usually so sweet and caring. 

"But you were thinking that, weren't you?" She accused.

"No, I wasn't." I said defending myself. I wasn't suspecting her at all. She didn't said anything but nodded and we went to our first class together. I hope nothing more will go wrong today.

" When it hurts, observe . Life is trying to teach you something."
-Anonymous

Hi Guys!

How was the chapter?
What do you think about Ella?
Who must have spread Ilaria's number- Alex or Ella?

Question of the chapter- What is your favorite colour?

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support 

💚