eight

~Time jump, about a week~

~Cassiopeia Blacks POV~

Everyone's back from break now, and getting up for the first day of classes is exhausting me enough.

I rolled out of bed before I quickly got dressed and walked down to the common room where all the guys were waiting like every morning.

We all started walking towards the great hall just dreading the idea of classes honestly.

We were walking through the castle when I felt hands on my shoulders.

"I feel like I'm covered in your hair" Jamie said

"Oh, yeah, sorry, should've warned you about that" I said

"I don't care, I'm just messing with you" He said

We made our way into the dining hall and sat at our table.

Lily's started sitting with us too which is nice, I like being able to have someone else around, or another girl around I should say, she's no Maylee but she's good company.

Before I knew it I was making my way to charms with Petey.

I've definitely decided to try to make things have less tension between Petey and I. I know he's just awkward in general but that doesn't mean that I can't try.

~James Potters POV~

I'll admit it, I'm at a cross roads. I talked to Maylee a few more times over break about Lucky.

And I'll say it, I was convinced I was gonna do it. That I was gonna take her idea of just being blatantly obvious in all aspects.

But then we got back last night. The train got in a little later then expected, which didn't matter til we walked in the common room, and Lucky and Moony were still up sitting on the couches.

Then I was reminded of the effect this girl really has on me when she just stayed up to say hi to everyone and then went to bed, with that we all quickly followed.

Then there was also this,

<<8 hours ago>>

We all walked into our dorm, it was already almost 11 by now. All of us except Moony unpacked a little bit before we finally decided to just crash.

I walked over and sat on my bed, but to my surprise got hit with a whiff of perfume. I was confused for a minute but just pushed it to the back of my mind.

"You good Potter?" Sirius said

"Yeah, it's just the weirdest thing, I could've sworn when I sat down I got like a whiff of perfume or something" I said

"Oh, yeah, that's my bad, Lucky and I had a few late nights over break and I had her just stay here, she tried to go to Pads bed, I told her she was probably safer in yours" Moony said

"That makes sense" I said

Her scent is intoxicating, but like, in the best way possible. Does that make sense to anyone but me? No? Okay, moving on.

<<current time>>

I get bored in classes far too easily, I definitely spend too much of my time zoning out, but I have Minnie to snap me out of it at least, which she doesn't hesitate to do.

It used to embarrass me but now it doesn't anymore, I just try my best to make her laugh knowing she can't laugh in front of the class.

After a while third period finally rolled around, and I walked into potions to Lucky already at our table.