2

"Wait, wait, wait." Y/N paused for a second trying to process the information. "A painted family portrait.. of the royal familyー?"

"Yes." He replied.

"ーand I get to paint them, one by oneー"

"Yes."

"ーthe king, and then the... princes..."

"Yes, is there something wrong with it?"

"I don't wanna die!" He shouted. "I haven't seen the youngest Prince's face! Do you even know what happens when someone sees his face? They die! They get assassinated or cursed to die probably!"

"But Im still here."

"Yeah, you probably won't die because you're a worker in the palace, they need you, but me? A commoner? A townsfolk? A mere painter in this town?ー"

The man looks at Y/N with a bored expression, not getting what or why he is blabbering about dying.

"ーYep! I! Am! Dead!" He exclaimed flailing his arms around.

"You're being exaggerated. You won't die Sir." He said placing a hand on his shoulder. "The King has talked to the prince and told him to not intimidate you."

He looked at him trying to see atleast a small bit lie in his eyes but he found none.

"You have probably been the 5th painter they asked to paint them a portrait but because of the rumors, the other painters got intimidated." The messenger said with plead in his eyes. "Please. The King said he will pay you a large sum of money in return."

Y/N thought about it, he could really use a more financial support. "Why do I need to do it?" He asked.

"It has been a while since the whole family has gathered together." He started. "They want to have a family portrait in the throne room."

Y/N stood there listening carefully.

"The king is afraid that his eldest son may not come back for a few more years after this visit." He continued. "He really wants to see his family full again. Maybe not physically, but atleast on a painting."

He sighed. "What about the youngest prince?" He asked, still worried about the rumors.

"Dont worry, he will not remove his mask as part of an agreement to not scare anyone." The messenger replied. Y/N simply hummed.

"But sir, I will be homest with you." He added. "The rumors were never true. Well, in the part where no one has seen his face except the workers and family, that is true, but to where people died, that is not true."

"It was all a lie..?" Y/N asked raising an eyebrow. He just nodded. "But why though?"

"Not even the workers know why he didn't want to show his face to anyone, only his family." He said. "The king just told us to make up this rumor of some people dying once they see his face."

Y/N nodded. "Will you take care of me going there?" He asked. "Its gonna be a while to go to the kingdom, its on the other side of this island."

"Dont worry," He lowered his head. "we will take care of that."

"Alright. I guess Ill take the offer." Y/N smiled. "Thank you."

"No problem, Sir." He smiled back. "Glad you took the offer. We will see you here early morning by the end of the week?"

Y/N nodded. He was about to close the door but then he remembered to ask something.

"Wait." He fully opened the door again and they turned to him. "Didn't you say the portrait will be on the throne room?"

"Yes, is there a problem?"

"How big is it?" He raised an eyebrow.

"About.." He turned to the guards next to him for assurance. "20 feet?"

"20 FEET?!" Y/N shouted.

================================

Y/N grabbed the things that he packed, extra clothes and such. The King provided everything he needed during his stay for the commission, paint, paint brushes, a room to stay in, and more.

"This is great! I get to stay in luxury for a while, and get paid afterwards too." Y/N thought, excitedly.

He walked out of his door and locked it. Y/N got greeted by the two kids, tears welling up on their eyes.

"Y/N..." Michael whined. "Don't go.."

He felt bad for them. They expect him to greet them almost everyday, now Y/N won't be there to greet them for a while.

"Yeah Y/N.. Dont go.." Michelle whined as she hugged Y/N's leg. "Stay please..?"

"I can't stay. Y/N has to go to work." Y/N kneeled down to their level and smiled at them sadly.

"Can we go with you then?" Michael asked hugging Y/N tightly as if he will disappear forever.

"Im sorry but you can't..." he replied. Their foster mom, Puffy, walked towards the two kids and Y/N trying to take them away to not bother him any longer.

"Come on Michael and Michelle," Puffy said. "Y/N has to go."

"You will come back right?" Michael asked.

"Of course!" Y/N said hugging them. "Im not going to be gone forever."

"We will miss you Y/N." Michelle said hugging him back tightly.

"I'll miss you both too." He said letting go of them, they stepped back as he walked towards the carriage the kingdom provided.

He waved at them before hopping in. They waved back at him as the carriage started to move.

"Well, this is gonna take a few hours before we arrive." Y/N thought.

The messenger was inside of the carriage with Y/N. He decided to start a little conversation with him since its gonna be a while.

"Hello." He greeted, he turned to him immediately. "I never got to ask, but what is your name?"

"My name is Jack." He smiled. "What makes you want to know my name?"

"Well, I just thought we could be friends." Y/N shrugged. "I mean we are gonna be here for a while."

"Yes, that is true." He replied. He started to open up a new conversation. "I am very amazed of all the paintings you have done."

"Oh! Yeah, uhm, thanks!" He chuckled, flattered by the compliment.

"I have always been mesmerized by paintings or just art in general." He continued. "I wanted to learn how to do it someday, but I usually do all the castle work so I don't even have time for myself." He looked down in devastation.

"Im not good at teaching but you can watch how I do it while I stay at the castle." Y/N kindly offered. He looked up at him smiling wide.

"Really?" He exclaimed. "Tー That would be amazing!"

"Yeah, I mean its no problem at all." Y/N replied. "I like to help the best I can and who knows maybe you are a natural at it!"

They continued to talk about each other and became great friends. He didn't even realize that they were arriving at the castle. They were at the castle walls already, waiting for it to open.

The walls and the castle itself was humongous. Its much more bigger than what Y/N expected. The size looked different because of how far he lives from it. Jack just chuckled at his reaction while he looked out more at the carriage's window, appreciating the beautiful surroundings.

After a few minutes, they stopped then Y/N realized, they have arrived.