22

A little bit later, on Y/N's bedroom door, a knock came.

"Come in!" Y/N replied cheerfully, sniffling right after.

Dream came in with Niki. Y/N's eyes widened and wiped their tears away.

"Oh heー" Y/N was about to greet them but then Niki stopped him.

"What happened?!" Niki exclaimed. "Why are you crying?!"

Y/N looked at Dream, who was behind Niki and sighed.

"I'm just sad I'm going to leave." Y/N chuckled. It was fake but she hoped Niki would buy it.

"I'm sad too but.. are you sure that is why you cried..?" Niki asked again.

"Yeah, don't worry about me." Y/N smiled. "I should not stop you from working, I know you are busy."

"Yes, I am," Niki replied. "But please, don't worry about me like that again. I’m sorry I don’t get to spend much time with you tonight but I hope you travel home safely okay?"

Y/N nodded and smiled. Niki said goodbye and left hurriedly. Only Y/N and Dream were left in the room.

"Why did you tell her..?" Y/N asked, turning her back to Dream and looking at the mask Niki made.

"I only asked her where you were." Dream shrugged. "I guess it was by chance that she was close to you."

Y/N sighed.

"I'll accompany you home, okay?" Dream spoke again. "Once I know you're safe at home, I will leave."

"You don't have to, the palace guards can do that," Y/N replied.

"I'm a palace guard too, aren't I?"

Y/N stayed quiet for a while.

"Fair point."

-----

On the dance floor, when a few more people joined, Alex and Ranboo started talking.

"I'm sorry we have to go through this." Ranboo started.

"I'm sorry too. We both have no choice." Alex replied.

They stayed quiet, awkwardly dancing with each other. After a while, they decided to go back.

When Ranboo got to his throne, Techno pulled his arm, dragging him out of the room.

"What the heck Techno?!" Ranboo glanced at his brother angrily. "What do you want?!"

"Y/N is leaving," Techno said, making Ranboo freeze in place.

"What?" Ranboo asked. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "That can't be true. He wouldn't leave without…"

"A servant told father they wanted to leave." Techno continued. "They could leave any minute now."

Ranboo didn't even hesitate to just run. He ran from the ballroom to where the bedrooms were. He ran and ran, he didn't care if he was running out of breath, he had to stop Y/N, or at least catch him before he left. Techno was following right behind him but fell behind because he got tired.

When Ranboo got to Y/N's room, he knocked aggressively at the door.

"Y/N!"

"Y/N, are you there?!"

When no one answered, he nudged the door knob but it didn't work. He had no choice but to kick the door, it did open though.

The room was empty. There was only the furniture that was already there before Y/N. No luggage and no Y/N.