14

After the night of cleaning by himself, Y/N continued to finish the painting. All they needed was to add the finishing details. While Jack and some workers of the castle were decorating, Y/N was finishing the painting.

The whole ballroom was decorated with more than just its usual colors, which are white and gold. It's also decorated with some black. The combination of those colors is overall beautiful.

The walls are colored white and gold, and the decorations such as the chandelier, and the railing of the stairs, are colored gold while there are added decorations to it with black and white fabric as accents everywhere.

"Y/N!" Jack called. Y/N turned to him. "Does that look good to you?"

Y/N squinted their eyes a little bit and shouted, "Yes!"

"Does this look good Jack?" Y/N asked this time, pointing at the painting.

"It looks great!" Jack answered.

"Thank you!" Y/N shouted back. He continued painting.

The masquerade ball is in two days and guess what. Y/N isn't ready yet. He doesn't even know what the ball is for. They were planning to attend but they were too busy to even think about it.

"One final detail," Y/N muttered, painting over the queen's eye. "There."

"Jack?" He shouted. "Can you take a look at this?"

Jack turned and walked over to the foot of the ladder.

"Yeah?" Jack replied.

"Does the queen look accurate to the actual one?" Y/N asked while they got down the ladder.

Jack looked and it was completely similar. The smile, her signature smile, is what was most known about her and Y/N painted it exactly how she painted herself before.

"It's perfect actually," Jack replied. "I see no mistakes in it."

"Great!" Y/N cheered. "I'll go clean this up now. Don't let anyone touch it, the paint is not that dry yet."

"Alright, I'll help you with that." Jack offered.

They cleaned up the supplies and all the plastic that was in that one corner. While the paint buckets were taken away, Y/N decided to take a look from afar. It was the biggest and probably the best painting he has done.

"I'll be going, Jack!" Y/N said to Jack and waved.

"Alright!" Jack waved back. "See you around Y/N!"

Y/N walked out of the ballroom to avoid interrupting their decorating process. They planned to explore the castle a little bit more before they had to go back to the night of the ball.

He decided to go to the library. He went up to the floor where the library was and headed towards the huge library doors.

They entered and didn't notice how big the library was. There were books up to the roof, neatly stacked on their respective shelves. Y/N must've looked lost the way they just looked around. His mouth opened because of amazement and spun around looking at the shelves around himself.

He went through the aisles of shelves until he found his f/g (favorite genre). He looked through it and he found it, his f/b (favorite book). He grabbed it and sat down at one of the tables in the library and started reading.

-----

Ranboo and his father were eating in the dining room, taste-testing the food that will be served at the ball. There were a lot of them. Ranboo already felt full despite eating one teaspoon of each. It was still a lot.