9

//CW: Panic attacks(or close to it)//

"It happened when I was still a kid. Around maybe 7 yrs old. My dad was the previous messenger and my mom was an event organizer. It just got passed down to me basically.

The party was filled with beautiful golden and white decorations. The king and queen was wearing gold and white too. It was magical for a 7 yr old Jack.

There, I got to watch what my mom and dad did for work. I learned how to do this job at that young."

"That is impressive." Y/N said, continuing his painting. "No wonder you're doing great at your job."

"Well," he chuckled. "Thank you."

"No problem." Y/N replied.

"Anyways, the party here was so fun. Lots of dancing, talking, and just a lot more." He continued.

"Lemme guess, it was beautiful, wasn't it?" Y/N asked, turning to him.

"Definitely." He looked at him and smiled. "Although, it was the last time we had a party that beautiful here."

"Wait, what?" Y/N turned to him furrowing his eyebrows. "What happened?"

"Well, ever since the queen died, the king never really felt that happy again like he used to." Jack said. Y/N felt sad just by listening to the story and his voice. "We tried to cheer him up. Parties, gatherings, even riches, which doesnt even make him happy, and anything we could, but we could never make him smile."

Y/N stayed quiet, feeling the ache in his chest grow bigger. It hurts him to hear the genuine pain in Jack's voice.

"It hurt. Alot. Did it?" He said.

"Oh yeah. Definitely." He shrugged and chuckled sadly. "They took me as their own when my parents died. And guess what, because of that I lost both of my mothers and failed both of my fathers."

"Im sorry." Y/N simply said.

He didnt know how to comfort him in any way. He felt bad but he definitely didn't want to do something that will hurt him more in attempt of making him feel better.

"Its alright." He shrugged and smiled. "I should go back to work now, I think my break is over. You should continue painting too."

"Alright." Y/N replied. "See ya around, Jack."

He waved and walked off. Y/N continued painting to the best of his abilities.

Y/N knew how Jack felt when he lost someone dear to him.

"No! Im not going to leave you guys here!" Y/N shouted as he tried to help her parents.

He clenched tightly on the paint brush he was holding, memories of the incident flashed in Y/N brain.

"You need to go Y/N!" Y/N's dad screamed. "You need to save yourself!"

The night he lost his parents,

"Im not going anywhere without you guys!" He sobbed, hysterically.

right in front of him,

"Y/N." His dad said sternly. "Go. You have a whole life ahead of you."

witnessing their death.

"Dont end it here."

He started tearing up, keeping himself up by holding on to the ladder. He kept on clenching tightly on the brush he was holding until it broke.