18

Ranboo woke up first. Once he opened his eyes, he realized where they were. They were still in the art room, and today was his big day. He tried to wake Y/N up by shaking them lightly.

"Y/N." He whispered. "Wake up."

Y/N mumbled something but he opened his eyes a little bit after. He looked around and realized where they were.

"Oh shoot," Y/N muttered to themself. "Did I really fall asleep here?"

"Yeah." Ranboo nodded. "We fell asleep here."

"Oh." Y/N blinked, and Ranboo noticed their cheeks blush. He smiled.

"Shoot I forgot I was supposed to pack my things." Y/N thought.

"We should go now." Y/N continued. "You have to get ready for your ball."

Ranboo hummed and stood up. He offered his hand to Y/N and they took it using it as a boost to stand up. Y/N glances at the clock hanging on the wall, it says that it is already 10:36 am.

"Well," Y/N turned to him. "I'll see you at the party later Ranboo?"

"Yeah." Ranboo nodded. "I'll see you there."

Y/N waved as he walked out of the room, leaving Ranboo alone in the room. He looked at the painting they made last night. It wasn't finished yet, there was only one silhouette of a person in the painting when there are supposed to be two.

"We can finish this tomorrow." Ranboo thought to himself.

He was excited they would get to finish the painting. He was excited he could hang it up on his bedroom wall and stare at it when he felt down. 

He doesn't know Y/N goes back home that night. Once the party is about to end, they go back home to their house, but Ranboo has no idea. He thinks they will stay for a few days longer.

While he was smiling at the painting, he remembered something. An important letter that he got from his mother. He ran out of the room and to his bedroom. He rushed through the drawers looking for the letter he kept for dear life. He looked and looked until he found it in a box under his bed.

-----

Dear Ranboo,

I am sorry that I failed you.

I know I said I would finish your paintings before your birthday, but I only want to see you have more hope. I can see you lose it every time you enter my room when you see my condition. I’ve always wanted to see you smile. As I said, your smile is beautiful so show it to everyone.

Please don't be angry at yourself for losing me. It's not your fault alright? I know how you are when something like this, you blame yourself. This time, I'm not there for you to help you, but your father is there, Techno is there, Niki and Jack are also there, and many more. They can help you. Please don't be so harsh on yourself.

Can you do me a favor and show Phil and Techno the love you showed me when I was still there? Also, let Jack and Niki know that I love them like my own.

Ranboo, sadly I'll never be with you again and I will never finish the paintings. However, there is someone very talented in this kingdom.

He's a talented artist like me and I know he can finish it for you. You just have to find him. They are the child of a friend of mine, my friend is from the town on the far side of the kingdom. I'm not sure if their child still lives there but you can try to find them there. If you do find him, tell him 'Thank you.'

Never forget me, keep my paintings safe and taken care of.

Always remember that I love you Ranboo. See you again someday.