Chapter 11: The truth

Tine's POV
Before we go into the hall we must register first.

"Please write your name and your couple name" one of the students council incharge.

"Couple? Me and Sarawat...couple?" I blushed.

In The Hall

All people wear their best clothes. They're all in pairs. I look at every detail at the prom night event. Then I saw Nanno and Joss smoke cigarettes together at the hall corner. She never wants to join this kind of event and her partner is Joss. And that's weird.

Our student council gave a speech. He said that we will vote for 3 categories of winners for prom night. Which is King and King, King and Queen, Queen and Queen.

"Yall just need to put the couple's name in the box. One card for each box"

Then I suddenly feel I can't win the King and King category. "HAH! in your dream" I said to myself.

In our school tradition at prom night we all must do waltz dancing. We all danced to the "Swan Lake Waltz" song. Sarawat held my waist and danced gracefully. He just stared at my eyes. We both dance like characters in Disney. I feel like I dance with a Handsome Price.

My heartbeats are so fast. My face is red. I say to him " Sarawat? I want you to know that actually I have feelings toward you. I have a crush on you on my first day at this school. Actually Sarawat I want to told that 'I Love You Sarawat' " I said to him while we were dancing.

"Ouh really, Tine you really obvious. I already know that. I see you secretly watching me from afar" Sarawat said.

"So how about this. Sarawat Gutithanon, I want you to be my boyfriend. It's to fast I'm sorry. Take your time.  I understand if you want to reject my confession. It's okay I'm ready." I said to him slowly.

"I-" Sarawat tried to say something but the song ended.

"I think we should discuss this later. Okay Tine" He patted my head.

Then the dancing ended. I'm like, why whenever  I'm happy with Sarawat, times fly by quickly. I want more. I want him to look at me and hold me like that forever. I want to know  his answer. I want to know his feelings toward me. Did he feel the same as I do?

"Okay students, you may vote now. Please put the card in the box" President students council say.

All students have already put their cards in the box. While waiting for the results. We ate first. Just me and Sarawat eat. I wonder where Boss, Man and Pam are.

"Sarawat? where Boss, Man and Pam. Are they not coming?" I know Pam came because I saw her with him in the car. But I can't see her in the hall.

"Ouh Pam, Man and Boss is the students council. They incharge of counting winners for prom 3 categories" Sarawat said.

"Ooo I see," I said to him.

"Okay students while you are eating. We already got the results for the 3 categories.The winner needs to go to the stage and be crowned all together," the President 's students council said.

"For the first category is Queen and Queen of prom night.The winner is...Fang and Air. Congratulations! Woah you both look so stunning. If you don't mind I'm still single. Oh you both don't want? Okay."

"Next is the second category which is King and Queen of prom night. The winner is...ouh am I reading this correctly. I'm so shocked. The King and Queen for our prom night this year is...Joss and Nanno!"

I split my water. Nanno and Joss were also shocked. They walk to the stage. I can see Nanno saying to the president "I will kill you". Joss shows his middle finger to all the students.

"For our last category is King and King of prom night. The winner is....Sarawat and Tine. Woah, tonight's result is unbelievable. I really do not expect that."

I look at Sarawat with a shocked face but he just smirks like he already knows it. Then we both walk to the stage.

"So all the winners are here. Let's proceed to the crowning section.Each couple stand middle stage for crowning okay" President students council.

The president crowned Fang and Air first. Then Joss and Nanno. They look very irritated with each other . Lastly, me and Sarawat.

Sarawat and I are in the middle stage for crowning. Sarawat took a large gap between us. Suddenly, red paint came from nowhere. All my clothes are all in paint. My hair and my face also. Then I can see Boss and Man bring a trash can full of waste food and pour it at me. All the students were laughing at me.

I try to look at Sarawat. He also..he also laughed devilish at me. Then Pam came and hugged Sarawat. She also brings microphones. Sarawat takes the microphone and speaks.

"Tine, how was your prom night? Is it great? Did you think you will have the same standard as me? Do you think I really love you? The answer is no and never Tine. I will never love pigs like you. Look at yourself. You look very disgusting,"He said.

"Bu-But Sarawat why? I understand if you don't like me because of my appearance. But why are you so mean to me? What do I do to you?" I cried.

"Tine, you never do anything to me but I think I have to do something in my last year at high school. Things that I will remember forever. And you are the chosen one. Very naive and dumb. I used you Tine. Treat me and friends.Thanks for that. But you will never be one of us" Sarawat said with a devilish smile.

"You piece of shit. How dare you do that to my friend" Nanno screamed angrily. She wants to take out her knife but holds her hand to stop her.

"Let go of me Tine, let's me kill him!!!!" She said,

"No Nanno please.Let me handle it. Sarawat, I will forever remember this. I hope we will see each other in the future. And at  that time you regret what you did to me. I will never forgive you Sarawat.And Sarawat you should know that Karma is a B*tch" I said it while crying.I ran out of the hall.

Meanwhile Joss walks to Sarawat and says "Congratulations Sarawat you are even worse than me. I hope you will get sweet revenge from god"

It's raining.I just walk sadly through the rain. Then Nanno ran to me and said "Tine where are you going.it's raining? You will get fever"

"I-I don't know Nanno" I stutter because I'm still crying.

"Let's go to my house. My parents are not home. You can take a bath and relax," she said and I just nodded. I don't want to go back home because I don't want Papa and Papi worried.

God just kill me please..

to be continued