Chapter Eleven: Nathalia

Nathalia in all her dark glory walked down a path of glowing stars, completely barefoot and yet not feeling any type of burn. It was surprising she could even walk across them at all without phasing through. She was pretty much floating through space, watching planets in the distance roll by, and asteroids speed through the cosmos. At the end of the long, starry path, she saw a familiar silhouette 'sitting', if one could call it that, in the middle of dark emptiness.

Were they dead? No, there was something familiar about this dream-like state. She was unconscious at the very least, and there was a lowkey feeling of warmth and security to the idea of her own mortality that prevented her from freaking out and assuming she was dying or dead. She couldn't explain it, but she at least knew that she would awaken eventually.

Nathalia thought her foot would fall through the path once there were no stars left to stand on, but found herself continuing as if there were something underneath her to keep herself upright. She reached the shape in front of her, staring down at the man with the slightly longer, surprisingly red and braided hair, with a white strip coming down from the side.

Tobias's eyes were glowing an ominous milky white as he seemed to stare right through her, but his smile was still as friendly with familiarity as ever. "Nat."

Nathalia shifted nervously; it was like standing in front of some wise wizard, but that wizard was like, only supposed to be 25 years old. His long blue tunic's sleeves billowed as if there was somehow a wind in the middle of this vacuum to show off his pale skin and a strange, jagged mark on his forearm. A fur shawl was wrapped around his shoulders, buttoned together by an ancient looking amulet.

"You look like a viking, kinda," Nathalia pointed out bluntly, raising an eyebrow at him. "Fucking bad ass."

Tobias chuckled slightly. "Thanks." He raised an eyebrow at her. "I know why you're here."

"You do? Good, because I don't." She paused to think, suddenly her 'dream' with Nathan from before coming to mind. "Wait, never mind. The-"

"Prophecy," Tobias finished for her with a slight smile. "I know."

"You do?" Nathan's words echoed in her head. '...Who sees before it begins'. "So you're definitely some like, psychic fuck. Ha, gay."

Tobias let out a breath of amusement. "Very gay." He looked around them a little before saying, "Normally, during my 'seizures', I see visions. And this is my place for when I dream. Therefore, normally during my seizures, I don't end up here but I suppose it was time for us to meet."

Nathalia shook her head. "Yeah for no reason! You already know about it."

Tobias smiled. "Partially true. I both technically know more than you, and yet require the information I do not have from you."

"What info? What do you know?" Nathalia squinted her eyes at him.

"I don't remember," Tobias admitted honestly with a sheepish smile, causing her to roll her eyes. "I know that I know more from what the visions tell me, my problem is that I can't remember them after they've finished. I do know of a prophecy though, and the feeling of impending doom on our shoulders. Almost like it's common sense, or second nature; like breathing. I also know that this would be happening today, and I know that this meeting is crucial for the sake of this fucked up world." Tobias's face fell a little and he looked even more old and grave than before. "I know you're supposed to be here to tell me to not look away from this. As you can see though, I can't look at all." Tobias gestured to his blank stare.

"Hm? Oh. OH." Nathalia laughed a little when she finally realized the joke, but then eventually calmed down. "Poor blind dude. Uh... so like why do you wanna 'look away from this' anyway?"