~Ranking System~

Hellouuuu Besteez ♡

I wanted to point some things out before this gets more attention or anything because i know that the opinions of everyone are diffrent and some could be sensitive about mine.

I do not think my taste or my preferences are valid. This is only MY taste ^-^ so pls respect it like this. The books i'm going to recommend are the ones i purely enjoyed and LOVED. So as well, please respect the work of the authors.

Having a "lower" ranking doesn't mean they are less good, it just means that something was missing for ME and the way I think about books, pls don't take it to heart. If your book is in here, i loved every second of it but i just like to evaluate things like books, series, movies etc. in my own way.

It can even be annoying to me sometimes T.T because even when i enjoyed something i automatically see the little details that i personally think are some "flaws" but pls don't take it like this, i don't mean it in a bad way i just don't know how else i can say it. I'm pretty much a nerd when it comes to books, series, anime, movies, manga and comics etc. and i know a lot so i naturally compare them to the ones i already consumed and put them in order based on that.

If i compare something i ranked 8/10 to something i ranked 9/10, i compare the details and the plot, the whole progress of the events, the concept of it, character development, the writing and the overall picture to it. That doesn't mean a 8/10 is bad or less good, that means a 9/10 might has a more unique concept, a writing style i preferred a bit more or just things like how orderly and neat the story was built.

For the ones that doesn't know, i use the ranking system from MyAnimeList since i'm used to it and it works for me.

10/10 Masterpiece:
This means the book is was perfect and flawless in my eyes and had something special to it that made me give it a 10.
I only give 10 rarely because the work has to surprise me or just make me feel things, just tiny diffrences that blow my mind and make it special to me. These are my treasures. And i don't only give books a 10 when they are flawless in the plot, character development or the whole concept, even books that might be 'lacking' some points can be given a 10 when i feel a special connection to them ♡
If a book gets a 10, it touched me emotionally or i could relate to it but one thing is for sure, it made me cry or go all soft and squishy.

9/10 Great:
This means the book is as perfect and flawless as the ones with a 10 but i didn't had that special something to it. Like i said, i rarely give books or other stuff a 10 because it has to be something really special TO ME, something that blew my mind or touched me in a diffrent way.
That doesn't mean the other books are less good or anything. Giving a 9 means these books are great and aren't lacking in anything! Great Plot, great Characters, great Idea and a great overall feeling to it.
And a lot of the books i ranked with 9 are some of a kind with a unique concept.

8/10 Very Good:
This means the book was just really really good but something was missing for me to throw me off of the chair. Books i ranked with 8 are overall just really good books with an enjoyable story, funny or emotional moments, some may have interesting concepts etc. but a few things weren't fitting for me. It can be little things like when the Plot is great and all but the character development wasn't what i wished for, you know? Or when the Characters were great and i liked the writing but the plot wasn't what i expected. These little things make the diffrence for me. But nonetheless the books are highly recommended by me and you will be thankful to not sleep on them.

7/10 Good:
This means what the name says: It's good.
I actually struggle the most with ranking books between an 8 and a 7 but the diffrence here is that books i rank with 7 are mostly not 'THAT special' compared to the others. I don't mean it in a bad or harmful way, i just mean that the concept isn't something too new or too conplex. Definitely good and it's worth reading and appreciating them but sometimes they just don't spark that special fire in me. Some, how i personally thought, were a bit rushed and had waaay more potential, so i was a little disappointed because i saw more in them. Some others were intentionally simple and that was perfectly fine and fitting, but they were simple^^
And a feeeew of them could actually deserve a better ranking but i personally was a bit disappointed by the ending or a plot twist and evaluated based on my feelings.

I will only put books i ranked between 10/10 - 7/10 in here.
Other rankings i have in my reading lists are 6/10 Fine , 5/10 Average and -/10 Bad.
As i said, i evaluate on my own preferences and it doesn't count as a general review but a personal.