Chapter 7: Memories

Isaac is walking on a rooftop. He's patrolling the area, as he thinks about what to do with Poe Slater. As he does, he finds himself on a familiar rooftop. He looks around, and kneels down on the ground. He inhales as he closes his eyes, remembering the night he and Barbara first made love. 

Flashback

Isaac arrives on a rooftop, and he sees his girlfriend Barbara, talking to Bruce Wayne, AKA, Batman. He watches them talk. Just recently, Barbara just let a criminal name Paris Franz play her like a lap dog.

Batman: You let him play you. He thinks he knows you, like there's some kind of relationship going. He led you like a lap dog.

Barbara: Bull, I knew what I was doing. I was on the hunt, same as you. 

Batman: No, you were trying to prove something. You let your ego cloud your judgment. You should've listened to me. 

Barbara: I thought we were partners.

Batman: We are. But we're not equals, not even close. 

Barbara: You sanctimonious, self-righteous...

Isaac: Barbara...just don't.

They both turn around, and see him leaning against the wall. He then walks to them. 

Barbara: Isaac, what are you doing here?

Isaac: I heard what happened. And he's right, you know. 

Barbara: Isaac, how could you agree with--

Batman: You're not in it like I am, Barbara. It's still a game for you, it's still a thrill. When you let Isaac discovered your identity, you made him swore not to tell anyone. You put him in danger. 

Isaac: I can handle myself, Bats. Thank you very much. Besides, it was my fault I discovered her identity. 

Batman: And you still come into the game sometimes. You both haven't been taken to the edge yet. 

Barbara: The edge of what? 

Batman: The abyss, the place where you don't care anymore. Where all hope dies. 

They both look at him, realizing what he means. Everything is quiet for a moment, until he speaks again to Barbara. 

Batman: We're done here. You're off the case. 

Barbara: No! This isn't over. You can't dismiss me with some metaphysical BS. Why are you doing this?

Batman: I told you.

Barbara: (Stands in front of him) Uh-uh. We've been up against worse threats than Paris Franz. This isn't about me, it's about us. It's about you getting protective and sitting in judgment. I won't have it!

Batman: (Frowns) Then get out. 

Barbara is shocked to hear him say that. He walks away. She watches him walk away, and then, she gets mad, and chases after him.

Barbara: How dare you!

Isaac: Barbara, don't! Stop! Just leave it! 

Barbara: Stay out of this, Isaac! (To Batman as she grabs his arm and turns him around) I'm in this because of you! I did what you wanted. I made it work!

She starts punching him in his chest. Then, she tries to punch him in his face, but he grabs her wrist, and pushes her back. Isaac then grabs her from behind, and holds her. 

Isaac: Batman, go. Just go. I got this. 

He looks at them, and walks off. Barbara struggles to break free as Batman leaves the rooftop. Isaac then lets go of her. She then turns around to glare at him.