Chapter 6

"The first step to being the king, is knowing the basic steps of ruling a kingdom." Philza walked back and forth, in front of the throne that Tommy sat upon. "There will be a lot of rules and challenges on the road ahead. One of the steps we will be learning today, is on how to keep the kingdom safe. Everything you do for this kingdom, will be at the fate of your hands. You must always be cautious when reasoning with your enemies."

Tommy sat and just stopped hearing Phil speak. He could see his mouth moving, but nothing coming out of it. It felt like the world just slowed down. Everything was moving slower and it felt like Tommy was the only one there.

Everything was just in one ear and out the other.

The prince sighed and leaned against the back of the chair, still watching Phil talk. He just wanted this dumb thing to be over and just run around. He was a kid after all. Kids should run around and have fun before adulthood. But now he is forced to be older when he is fifteen years old. Maybe in a different universe, he is an actual kid.

"Prince Tommy, focus." Phil said, snapping Tommy out of his daydream.

Tommy looked back up and saw that Phil's face looked annoyed. Once he saw that Tommy was paying attention, he went back to talking. Phil just walked around and talked. He never did anything that could keep his focus.

"I don't wanna be here." Tommy mumbled to himself.

Phil looked back at Tommy. "You don't ever mumble as king. Now, what did you say. You must speak louder for me to hear."

"I said I don't wanna be here." Tommy crossed his arms. "It's boring and I don't wanna be the king."

"I know you don't wanna be here, but it is very important for you to learn this stuff." Phil sighed. He walked over to the throne. "Without learning this stuff, you wouldn't even know what to do as king. It is very smart for you to learn this stuff now rather than when you just become the ruler."

Tommy sighed and looked away from Phil. He just wished he was down in the town with Tubbo, his best friend, and away from these responsibilities. He wished that he lived in a different universe where he wasn't king at all. That would be the place to go. Where stories get told along the way and he's been through wars that he won. Somewhere where he could just be with Tubbo all the time.

Phil snapped his fingers and made Tommy look at him.

"Prince Tommy, you have to listen t this stuff, understand?" Phil said.

"I don't have to listen to anything." Tommy said, annoyed. "You aren't my father."

"I have raised you since you were three. I might as well be your dad." 

Phil turned around to go back to teaching, but Tommy stood up and started to yell.

"You will never be my dad. You aren't anything like him! I have always heard how my father was a kind soul that didn't ever dare to hurt anyone around him. You are the complete opposite of my father!" Tommy yelled down at Phil.

Phil grabbed the bridge of his nose. "Your father was just as dumb as you are now, but he knew how to listen to the rules."

Tommy clenched his fists. He could feel anger pulsing through his body. He just wanted to release it all on Phil. Phil had made a dumb mistake of every saying that about his dad.

"How dare you call my dad dumb." Tommy said, he could feel his entire body shaking. "I may have never met him, but I know that he is smarter than you ever will be. I am smarter than you. You should as well know that I am too young to be the ruler of a kingdom."

"You are the last family member of your family, Tommy." Phil walked up to Tommy, their faces seemed inches apart. "I never decided for you to be the king, the council did. You can blame them."

Tommy scoffed and started to walk away, back to the doors. 

He could hear Phil screaming for him to come back, but he didn't listen. He hated the fact that Phil was his "guardian". He never asked for Phil to be the one to protect him 24/7. Sometimes people would even mistake Phil as his real dad and that Tommy was the adopted son of the king. It was a lie that Tommy hated ore than anything.

The prince slammed the throne doors behind him. Tommy tried to calm himself down, but couldn't. He was too angry to think.

"That went poorly." A voice came from the side.

Tommy looked over to see the exact man from the dream standing there. A white smiling mask was tied to his belt. His black tank top tight against his body. The man also spun a knife around in his hands.

"So, what are you gonna do?"