Chapter 26

"W-what?" Tommy asked Tubbo, watching tears start to fill the boy's eyes.

Tubbo looked away and at the ground. "Are you gonna forget about me when you become the king?"

Tommy stared at Tubbo for a little bit. He didn't know what to say at all. He looked up to the sky and saw all the shining stars, but more importantly, he saw the big shining moon in the sky.

The moon shone brightly above. It was so big and beautiful. Compared to the rest, you could say that it was Tommy's favorite.

The prince, staring up at the sky, began to smile. "Look at the sky, Tubbo."

Tubbo glanced up at the dark blue night sky. "What about it?"

Tommy pointed up at the stars. "I like to imagine that those are all the princes, princesses, kings, queens, and nobles that I will have to talk to once I become the king. But that is you." Tommy pointed at the huge glowing moon. "You are my moon."

Tubbo titles his head to the side, confused. "What does that mean?"

Tommy wrapped his arm around Tubbo. "Well, look at the moon. It shines brighter than the rest of the night sky and it lights up this field. You shine brighter than anyone else in my world, Tubbo."

A smile tugged at Tubbo's face. After hearing that, everything started to make sense.

No matter who Tommy talks to, or even forced to talk to, he will always chose Tubbo over everyone else. Even as king, Tommy would rather talk to the one person that knows him more than anyone else. Tubbo is the only person that Tommy cares about most.

Tears of relief filled Tubbo's eyes. He put his head and in his hands and wiped away the tears. He was so happy to hear that, and was so thankful that Tommy still cared for him.

Tubbo wrapped his arms around Tommy and pulled him into a huge hug. "Thank you."

Tommy hugged Tubbo back. "No problem. I just can't wait for the day I get to see you again."

"And when will that be?" Tubbo asked.

"I don't know." Tommy answered. "But no matter what happens, I will make sure to find you again. Even as king, I will always make sure to talk to you. You are my moon, Tubbo. You will always be my moon."

They held each other in a tight hug. The gentle breeze of the night moved around them quietly. The dark blue flowers shifted with the slight breeze. It was so quiet and peaceful. Tommy wished he didn't have to go to the castle very soon. He wished he could just stay in this moment forever.

As they held each other in a tight hug, Tommy felt the presence of Dream strengthen around him. It wanted to drag him back into that empty void. Dreamon was calling for him.

"Tommy? Are you alright?" Tubbo asked, snapping Tommy out of his daydream.

The prince didn't even realize that he was digging his nails into Tubbo's shirt. After he let go, his friend almost immediately started to rub the part of his back where his hands were.

"I'm...I'm alright..." Tommy said, looking over his shoulder and seeing a familiar green man standing in the distance of the flower field, staring at him.

"You're not alright." Tubbo said. "You look worried."

Tommy looked back at Tubbo and forced a smile. "Like I said, I'm alright, Tubbo. You don't have to worry about me."

A look of concern filled Tubbo's face. "Are you sure?"

Tommy kept forcing his smile and tried to make it look like it was real. He looked up to the sky and saw that it was already passed midnight.

"S-shoot!" Tommy said, standing up. "It's past midnight! I have to get back to the castle!"

Before Tommy could do anything, Tubbo stood up and grabbed Tommy's wrist.

"Tommy," Tubbo spoke. ", you can always tell me if something is wrong."

Tommy looked back at Tubbo. "There are so many things that I could tell you right here and now, but...I want to protect you." As Tommy said that, he glanced back at the green man. "I'm not risking your safety for mine."

Tubbo sighed gently and pulled Tommy back into one last hug. "I'm gonna miss you."

Tommy looked back up at the huge moon above them, an actual smile across his face. "I'll miss you too."

With that final hug, and sentence, Tommy took off back to the castle. He waved goodbye to Tubbo and kept on his run.

Tubbo still stood in the field and waved goodbye to his friend. He wished he could follow him to the castle and be with him forever.

But sometimes, things are never meant to be...