Chapter 28

Tw: panic attack

Tommy stood right in front of the throne. He stood there and looked down at all his praising subjects below him. They clapped and cheered for their new king in front of him.

The new king sighed as he looked out in the audience. In the distance, Techno, Wilbur, and Phil all stood clapping and smiling widely at Tommy. Technoblade looked so happy to see Tommy standing on the throne with his father's crown on his head.

I wish I wasn't the king. Tommy thought to himself. I don't wanna rule. I just want Tubbo.

When Tommy looked back out into his happy subjects, he saw a familiar figure standing next to the doors. Dream stood there with a huge smile across his face, like he was happy for the kid.

Tommy's heart pounded harder in his chest. His hands started to shake and his ears started to ring. Tommy covered  his ears, hoping that the ringing would stop. The sounds of people clapping and cheering stopped once he placed his hands over his ears.

As Tommy started to breathe heavy, he felt a hand touch his shoulder. He looked up to see a worried Technoblade standing there.

"Are you alright?" Technoblade asked, his voice very faded out.

"T-techno..." Tommy began. "I think I'm having a panic attack."

The king took one last look at Dream, who was now closer and more deformed from what he originally was. His smile almost went all the way to his ears. Dream also looked like he was turning into the Dreamon. No one could see him, but Tommy.

Tommy gripped Techno's sleeve harder. His breath quickened as he watched the man walk closer. He could feel Techno trying to snap him out of it.

"Tommy? Tommy!" Technoblade's voice was very far away and barley audible.

The boy looked up at the General. "Techno, he's gonna hurt me!"

Techno looked up to where Tommy was looking. You could see him glance through the crowd, trying to look for anything. He must've not found it, since his face turned to confusion.

"There's no one there." Techno said, still staring back out into the crowd.

Tommy grabbed Technoblade's collar and brought him down. "You don't understand! He's being torturing me for days! Dream! He's gonna take me back to that void! I don't wanna go back! Please...Techno...don't let him take me back!"

"Tommy." Dream's taunting voice spoke.

Tears broke from Tommy's eyes. He felt his knees give out below him and he fell to the ground, still holding onto Techno.

The cheering crowds stopped once they watched their king fall to the ground.

"Tommy!" Wilbur screamed friend the crowd, he ran over to Tommy along with Philza.

Phil flew over and landed next to the prince. "Tommy, tell me what's happening."

"D-dream...please...I don't wanna die..." Tommy said, he could hear Dream getting closer.

"Hey. Hey, it's ok." Wilbur's soft voice spoke.

Wilbur places his hand on Tommy, but he new king flinched from the touch. Wilbur, Techno, and Phil looked at each other. They didn't know what to do for the scared Tommy below them.

Techno grabbed Tommy's hands and pulled him into a hug. "I won't let anything happen to you." The General whispered into Tommy's ear. "I won't let Dream hurt you, I promise."

Tommy heard Dream get to the throne and start walking up the stairs.

Tommy looked up to Techno. "He's gonna h-hurt me again. He's gonna take me back to that void."

A hand grabbed Tommy's shoulder, followed by a voice. "Tommy." Dream's voice was very distorted and broken.

Tommy buried his face into Techno's chest. He didn't want to go with Dream.

Something wrapped around Tommy's body from behind and started to pull him off of the piglin. A hand covered Tommy's mouth and forced him to look up. As the hand forced Tommy's head back, he saw a very huge smiling mouth, with many sharp teeth, staring down at him.

Dream's eyes were all black and he laughed out loud as he stared down at the terrified king below him. His mouth opened wider and he quickly lowered it down and over Tommy's head. Tommy was dead.

—-

Tommy jumped awake. He woke up in a cold sweat and his entire body was shaking.

The prince grabbed his head and tried to calm himself down. That dream had really scared him so bad. It was like he was actually there.

Was that destined to happen today? Was that dream actually gonna come true?