Chapter 8

Techno shook around Tommy, trying to get him to answer his question.

"Tommy, what were you thinking?" Technoblade's voice was deep and angry. "You would've died if I didn't see you let go. Was that some sort of joke? Please, Tommy, answer me."

Tommy just stared blankly at the General. He was too scared to answer. What was he thinking? No, it was Dream. He made him do it.

"It was Dream." Tommy said, hoping that the man was still here. "He told me I could escape my fate and-"

"Tommy," Techno interrupted. ",there's no one here. It's only us."

Tommy sat up and looked around. Dream was nowhere in sight. He was just here. He was just standing behind Tommy and telling him what to do. He couldn't have gone far. He couldn't have.

Tommy whipped his head back around. "H-he was here! I swear!"

Tommy begged that Technoblade would understand him. Though, he could tell the General didn't. All Techno did was just stare at him, fear written all over his face. He looked so worried for Tommy, but he shouldn't be. Dream was the one that made him jump.

"Please, believe me." Tommy grabbed Techno's shirt and begged some more.

"We are going to see Phil." Techno grabbed Tommy's wrist and forced him to walk.

"N-no p-please, Techno! Believe me! We can't tell Phil! Please let go!" Tommy tried to fight the half piglin's grip, but he was too strong.

Techno's grip got stronger the more Tommy fought against it. Tommy tired his best to wriggle out of it, but nothing was working. Techno was gonna tell Phil what happened. The Prince didn't want no one to know what happened. If everybody knew they wouldn't leave him alone. Tommy just wanted to be alone.

He had to fight harder.

"Please, Technoblade, let go of me!" Tommy cried. "If you tell Phil, he will never leave me alone again. Please, Techno."

Techno didn't respond.

All he did was start to walk faster. His grip got stronger. Techno wasn't gonna never let go. Not again.

"Techno? What are you doing?" Wilbur asked as his head popped from around the corner.

Wilbur looked down at Techno's grip and saw that it was turning Tommy's hand blue. He rushed in and pried Techno's hand off Tommy's wrist. He saw that the wrist was all bruised up. Rage filled the mentor's body.

"Techno, what were you doing with Tommy?" Wilbur asked as he watched Technoblade cross his arms and stare in annoyance. "You could've broke his wrist."

"Maybe he should tell you what he was about to do." Techno scoffed. "Go ahead, tell him what I saw you do."

Tommy looked at the floor. "I...I didn't do anything wrong."

"Tommy, tell him," Techno's voice got angrier and more intimidating.

Tommy just wanted to disappear and never return.

"I...Wil...you...there's..."

Tommy didn't know what to say. Anything that came out of his mouth would bring him straight to Philza. He could tell that Technoblade was getting more and more angry the longer he waited. Wilbur was patient and waiting.

Tommy sighed. "I don't have anything to say."

"That's it, we are done here." Techno reached over to grab Tommy, but Wilbur stopped him.

Wilbur went behind Tommy and put both his hands on the boy's shoulders. He stared at Techno's face, knowing full well that he could be killed. He didn't care. All he did was wanna protect Tommy.

"I'll be taking him from here on out, thank you very much." Wilbur said, strictly.

"Wilbur, he needs to go to Philza." Techno said.

"I said, we are done here. There is no reason for you to be doing more damage to Tommy's wrist then already had been. I suggest you pack up and leave before I make you." Wilbur said.

"You know I'm stronger than you. Right, Wilbur?" Techno said.

"I know."

The two stared at each other for an uncomfortable amount of time. Techno sighed and walked off. You could hear him stomping through the halls. It sounded like earthquakes.

"Come on." Wilbur said as he led Tommy back to his room.

Tommy followed his mentor down the halls. He could see that it was starting to turn dark and the sky was falling. The sky was orange, blue, and purple with dots of white. Tommy had always heard that it was his mother's favorite time of the day. To watch the sky fall into its sleeping state.

As they got closer to Tommy's room, Tommy thought about Dream. He was the only one with him, so why couldn't Techno see him? Well now whatever he does, he won't ever be alone anymore. Techno's gonna be a lot more protective over Tommy.

They walked into the room and Wilbur shut the door behind him. Tommy sat down on the bed as Wilbur grabbed something out of the closet.

He grabbed an old guitar and pulled it out. Wilbur carefully blew the dust off of it and sat down on the edge of the bed. He strummed at the strings, making a beautiful sound.

"Wanna hear a song?" Wilbur asked not even moving his head to look back at Tommy.

Tommy gently smiled. "Yeah, I would."