Chapter 27

Tommy ran throughout the village and closer to the castle. He tried to stay quiet, but knew he was causes a lot of noise. Well, he didn't care, Tommy just had to get to castle before Wilbur can't keep it a secret anymore.

The prince got to the castle and had to hide right next the walls. That was the only place he could hide without being seen. Hiding against the walls, was the only blind spot that the guards had.

He shifted against the walls and closer to the garden walls.

Once he got there, Tommy looked up, hoping that Wilbur was up there and gonna help him back up.

"Wilbur!" Tommy loudly whispered. "Wilbur! Help me back up!"

Tommy could hear someone try to climb up the leaning pillar. The person fell and went back to climbing. Soon, a hand appeared over the wall and pulled up a very sweaty Wilbur.

"Wilbur!" Tommy lightened up. "Help me up!"

Wilbur lifted one of his legs up and over the wall, staring down at the boy below him. "Tommy, how am I supposed to help you back up? There's no rope or anything anywhere!" Wilbur loudly whispered back.

Tommy looked around for any cracks in the walls. He used to climb up the wall using any cracks he could find. But it looks like the guards covered them over just a bit ago. Now, he has to find another way up again.

"Can you see anything that will help me?" Tommy asked, trying to look for anyway back up.

Wilbur looked over his shoulder, looking back into the garden. "I'll be back in a sec."

Tommy watched as Wilbur jumped back down into the garden. The way he looked behind him, made it look like he was caught. Hopefully, he could find a way back in before Techno sees him out.

There was another way into the castle, but he could be caught easily. There was a cellar that went through the wine room and back out into the kitchen. It was a risky move, but it could be the only way back in.

Tommy sighed and started his way back to the cellar. He snuck over to the wooden doors and tried to open them. Of course it were locked from the inside.

"Great." Tommy said, walking back over to the garden walls.

He sat down with a huff and leaned up against the wall. Tommy could feel his eyes start to get heavy. He really wanted to just fall asleep against the wall and sleep soundly. But he couldn't since someone would definitely see him.

As he felt his eyes about to close, something feel right next to Tommy and hit his left shoulder.

The prince opened his eye and looked over at the rope, that went all the way up and over the garden wall.

"Tommy, hurry up!" Wilbur whispered from the other side of the wall.

The prince yawned stood up and grabbed the rope. He was very hesitant to climb up it, but it was his only hope back into the castle.

Tommy crawled up the rope and over the wall. At first, Wilbur looked like a shadowy figure. It must've been since it was so dark, to the point that even Wilbur looked like a shadow.

Tommy slid down the pillar and landed on the grass below. He looked up and saw Wilbur standing there with a slight smile.

"What're you smiling about?" Tommy asked in a very tired voice.

"Nothing." Wilbur quickly said, pulling the rope back down and wrapping it up. "How was your visit with Tubbo?"

"I really wish I could hang out with him when I become the king." Tommy said, watching Wilbur be done wrapping up the rope.

Before they left the garden, Wilbur placed the rope back where he found it. The two walked back to Tommy's room together. Wilbur smiled as they walked, and even hummed as well. That small little tone made Tommy more tired.

All of Wilbur's songs made Tommy safe and sleepy.

"You tired?" Wilbur giggled, immediately singing afterwards.

"Yeah..." Tommy quietly said. "I have to get sleep for my coronation tomorro, don't I?"

They got to the room and Wilbur walked in with Tommy. Tommy got dressed into his pajamas and sat down on his bed. Wilbur sat on the bed with him and let Tommy out his head in his lap.

Wilbur scratched Tommy's head as he slowly fell asleep in his arms. He hummed his little song and watched the prince fall into a deep sleep.

The mentor smiled gently at the sleeping prince and slowly tucked him into his bed. He walked over to the door and shut off the lights, still humming his tone. Wilbur took one last look at Tommy. A wider smile across his face.

For this was the last night where Tommy would be the prince.