Prolouge

(502 years ago)

It was a chilly night in the land of Mahikacia, an old sorceress laid on her bed, she was Kiyelo, the sorceress of lighting and ice, she knew her time was near, but she had to do one last thing.

“I’m here mom,” a young girl said, peeking from outside the doorway, “you wanted to talk to me?”

Kiyelo smiled and convened her daughter to come closer, Crystal did as she was told and sat by her mother

“I have something important to tell you,”

Crystal quietly nodded.

“Long ago, the great king’s son fell ill and died, and feeling betrayed by God, the King turned to his wizards or mahikans to revive his son. After many failed attempts, they decided to do a forbidden act by creating the dark gem”

“What is it, mom?”

The old sorceress coughed. She explained that the dark gem was a manmade capsule to contain Dark Mahika,

Mahika in general was the magic of this world. It is controlled by one’s abilities and skills. Mahika has many elements like fire, water, and wind, with rarer ones including ice, lightning, and many more.

But dark Mahika was a very wicked element. Its magic engulfs one to do sacrifices and offerings to the demons. Because of this, it was forbidden.

Kiyelo told her daughter that as the grand wizards did this, they thought it would bring his son back to life. But the spell backfired, resulting in the king obtaining dark powers.

Unable to accept his son’s death, he became enraged and placed the kingdom in a terrible state.

Then one day, a prophet foretold that Kiyelo’s children would band together, and recapture the Dark Mahika back into its gem.

Crystal was wide-eyed. She couldn’t believe her family was part of a prophecy. Kiyelo told her that the king was furious when he heard about it, and he ordered the death of the prophet and extermination of all copies of the prophecy.

Then Kiyelo pulled out a scroll from underneath her pillow and said that it was the last copy of the prophecy.

Kiyelo coughed. “Tell your brothers, that I loved you all, with all my heart.”

Crystal took her mother’s hand, tears rolling down her cheek. “I will mother, don’t worry.”

“I’m sorry to leave you like this, but my time has come…”

The sorceress closed her eyes…