Chapter 5: Hidden power

They had just returned to Ireland and went back home. Steve offered Crystal to stay in his cottage for the night, she happily accepted the offer.

“Crystal?” Steve asked as they walked home

“Yes, brother?”

“If you inherited mum’s Mahika, does Aldro have it too?”

Crystal thought for a bit. “Well, no. You see, you are the one who inherited mum’s lighting Mahika.”

Steve was surprised and gazed at his hands. Crystal offered to teach him how to use the Mahika, which he gladly accepted. The next day, he had learned how to make thunderbolts from his hand and make ropes of lightning. Even Aldro was impressed when he saw his brother perform right in front of him.

They needed Fur of snow to be sewed into a sort of wristband, as Crystal explained. Luckily Aldro was great with sewing and quickly stitched it together.

“Now all we need is an object to contain the Mahika in,” she said.

Alex gladly showed his collection of carvings, “maybe you might find something useful,” he said.

As Crystal was looking through his carvings, she caught sight of a carving of a snowflake and picked it up. it was perfect.

Then she asked Aldro to make some sort of pocket compartment on the wristband to put the carving in.

Aldro did as told, and sewed the pocket onto the wristband

“Now there’s only one thing missing,” said Crystal, “the Mahika.”