Chapter 6: The Wolf's Paw

Everyone gathered around the table, they all looked at the wristband, with its pocket and snowflake carving. It looked pretty hard to imagine.

“it’s time Steve,” Crystal said.

Steve nodded and faced her. Crystal then lifted her arms and swayed them around, gently and swiftly, like snow falling from the sky.

Then an orb of snow formed in front of her, and she nodded to Steve. It was his turn.

Steve breathed in and slammed his two palms together, and very slowly he pulled them apart, lightning was shooting out from his palms until an electric ball formed in his hands.

Slowly, he and Crystal combined their orbs, they swiveled wildly as sparks of electricity collided everywhere. Aldro closed his eyes, hoping not to get struck by lightning

Then, the orbs settled and merged into a green orb hovering in front of Steve and Crystal.

Crystal took the orb and the snowflake carving. She whispered some words and the orb began to get absorbed by the carving until the carving turned into a green crystal. She handed it to Aldro.

Aldro held his breath as he placed it inside the pocket. The moment he did, a bright blue and yellow light flashed from the pocket, and a symbol of a wolf was etched onto the front of it.

“It’s done,” Crystal whispered, “we’ve done it.”

She held up the wristband for them to see. “We have created the Wolf’s Paw.”

But their celebration was short-lived when they suddenly heard people screaming and running

But their celebration was short-lived when they suddenly heard people screaming and running. They ran outside and into the village.

“Everything is on fire!” Aldro gasped.

“It wouldn’t be if you hand me the Wolf’s Paw!” A voice boomed.

Through the smoke, a figure stood, his blood-red eyes glowed in the dark of night.

“Just as I feared,” Crystal said, “the king is here.”