Chapter 3: Welcome to Mahikacia

Crystal led Steve, Aldro, and Alex to a place less visited by the locals, then she took out a wooden key with a purple gem stuck to its handle.

Aldro couldn’t believe that he and Steve had a sister, neither did Alex believe in the realm of Mahikacia. Crystal confirmed that, as the prophecy states, they will have to find the Fur of Snow, and she knew where to get it.

“Everyone, hold on tight,” Crystal said. She tapped the key lightly and whispered something, and a bright light flashed before their eyes.

Suddenly, they were in a magical garden, it had crystal flowers, color-changing leaves, and the birds were singing melodies only heard in fairy tales.

“What is this place?” Steve asked in awe.

Crystal explained that this was the garden entrance, which is the only way in and out of Mahikacia, and only the high wizards knew about this.

Steve couldn’t believe it, everything his father said was true, Aldro couldn’t believe it either, it was like living in a fantasy.

“Come on,” Crystal said, “we have to find an inn for the night.”

They followed the trail until they came across a village, “this is Mossystone village,” Crystal said. She told them that they would go North-West, towards the mountains, that’s where they will find the Fur of Snow.

They rested in an inn for the night and began their journey the next day. It was a slow start, the storms in the mountain and the increasingly cold air made it difficult for anyone who climbed it.

“Are we there yet?” Alex complained for the hundredth time, which annoyed Crystal. She told them they were nearly at their destination.

Soon they arrived at an entrance to a cave completely made from ice. Aldro peeked inside and was surprised by the wolves living in it.

“Don’t fear, they’re just wolves,” Crystal said calmly.

“Just wolves?!” Alex panicked, “we’re gonna be eaten alive!”

She told them that not all human beliefs are true and entered the cave, encouraging them to follow her inside.

The cave had several wolves inside, their cold eyes all stared at the group as they went deeper in the cave, suddenly a voice called through the cavern.

“My, my, Crystal… It’s good to see you.”