Chapter 1: The Prophecy Unfolds

(2 years later)

It was a snowy afternoon,

Steve was just an ordinary man who lived in a cabin in Ireland by the shore. He was busy baking potatoes when he heard a knock on the door.

“Come in,” He said. The door opened, it was his older brother, Aldro.

“Aldro, what a surprise, come in,” Steve said welcoming him, Aldro stepped in, he was worried. “Brother, the village needs firewood, but almost everyone is too weak to go out in this weather.”

“Then we shall go, is Alex up for the task?” Steve said. Alex was their friend; they have been through a lot together.

Aldro nodded, saying that he was awaiting them at the town hall “Shall we?”

“Of course,” said Steve grabbing his axe from his table

No sooner had they left Steve’s house, Steve began to hear a soft whisper.

“Steve, can you hear me?”

Steve stopped and looked around, Aldro noticed this and stopped as well.

“Something wrong, brother?” he asked.

Steve shook his head and said that it was nothing.

Soon they reached the town hall, Alex waved. “Top of the morning Chieftain,” Alex greeted Steve as they came nearer.

Indeed, Steve was the chief of a peaceful village beside the coast, but the winter had wiped the village of its resources, and they couldn’t travel to other villages due to the storms.

“Let’s head to the forest and chop wood for the Village,” Aldro said, and before long they were in the woods gathering firewood. Steve was busy chopping when he heard the whisper again.

“Steve, follow my voice.”

Steve looked at his brother “Did you hear that?” he asked. his brother stopped and listened, but all he heard was the howling of the winds.

“Maybe the cold is getting in your noggin” Alex joked around, then he proceeded to go back to chopping wood.

“The prophecy must unfold,” the voice went again.

After some time, Alex began asking Steve about taking a break, but when he and Aldro stopped working, he wasn’t there…

Steve followed the voice until he reached a hill, and called out to see if anyone was calling him. But nobody answered. Steve thought he had gone crazy, and shook his head. He should be helping the lads gather wood, but just before he turned to leave, he heard the voice once more.

“It’s nice to finally meet you, dear brother.”