Chapter 7: The Fate of Humanity

Quickly, Crystal thrust the Wolf’s Paw into Aldro’s hands.

“Go! Run Away from here! Alex, bring him to safety!”

“Wait!” Aldro interrupted her, “I don’t understand why-”

“You don’t need to understand!” she yelled. She told him that the prophecy foretold about Steve’s death fighting the King and that he was to wait 500 years before finding the chosen one.

At the words ‘Steve’s Death’ Aldro couldn’t believe it. “No!” he protested, he grabbed his sister tightly. “No! That can’t be… Tell me that’s not true!”

Aldro felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Steve. He quickly grabbed his arm. “Please, tell me it isn’t true!” Aldro begged, tears flowing down his face.

Steve looked down, he hesitated before saying the words, “I’m sorry…”

Aldro couldn’t believe it. His little brother, who he protected for years, was now going to sacrifice himself for humanity.

Alex was already trying to pull Aldro away. “Come on,” he said. “Let’s go!”

“NO!” Aldro said, he looked at his brother. “How could you? How?”

Steve couldn’t control himself. A tear rolled down his face “I love you… big brother. Complete the prophecy for me okay?”

Aldro suddenly stopped, the fondest memory of him and his brother flashed before his eyes.

“Brother, I’m scared,” a young Steve said. “I wanna go home.”

“But what will we do?” a young Alex asked.

The young Aldro stood up, “listen up guys! Are we going to be afraid of some forest?”

“N-no?”

“Then we are going in together,” he said, putting his hand out, “no retreat?”

Alex hesitated before placing his hand on top of Aldro’s, “no surrender!”

They both looked at Steve expectantly. He sighed and put his hand on top, “we will always fight.”

“together!” They said in unison, raising their hands to the sky.

Aldro snapped out of his flashback to see Steve charge towards the King of Mahikacia alongside Crystal.

He cared for Steve very much. He even gave up the position of chief to Steve because he loved him.

And now he will never see him again.