Chapter Nineteen

We greet the other two Parker boys in the kitchen. Derrick is on his phone and Ethan is scouring through the cabinets.

"Hey, Lacey!" Ethan says as soon as he sees me. He runs up to me, wraps his arms around my legs, and smiles up at me. "Having boy trouble again?"

I cover my mouth to laugh and Dylan rolls his eyes. "She's not having boy trouble," Dylan answers for me.

"Well, that's debatable," I say. I can't even go out on a real date with him yet because of Kay.

"We'll talk about it later," Ethan says, nodding.

When Ethan walks away, Dylan gives me a flat look. "I just asked you to be my girlfriend. How are you having boy trouble?"

"Your point would be valid if I didn't have to share you." As soon as I say it, he shuts up.

Derrick walks up to us and smiles at me. "Lacey, I hope you're prepared for a night of crazy Parker antics."

"I think I can handle it," I nod. Hopefully I'll be able to. Dylan hasn't mentioned much about his dad so I don't know what to expect.

Dylan, Ethan, Derrick, and I are all in the living room watching TV when we hear the front door open. The butterflies erupt in a frenzy in my stomach as everyone stands up to greet Mr. Parker at the door. Should I call him Mr. Parker?

Dylan squeezes my hand as we walk into the kitchen where the other boys are at.

Mr. Parker is slightly taller than Derrick, probably right above six feet. He's pulling items out of grocery bags as he speaks with Derrick. He sees me and stops talking.

"Well, well, who do we have here?" his smooth voice asks.

"Dad, this is Lacey, my girlfriend," Dylan quickly introduces me.

Derrick whistles. "Girlfriend, huh?"

Ethan jumps in also. "Wait, I thought you had a different boyfriend?"

It's all overwhelming so I focus on Dylan's dad and extend my hand out to him. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Parker. I hope I'm not intruding on dinner with your boys."

Mr. Parker breaks into a huge smile and shakes my hand. "And she's polite! How on earth did you say yes to this guy?" He wraps his arm around Dylan and messes with his hair. "I'm glad you're here. I knew Dylan would get his dad's charm."

Derrick coughs into his hand and Mr. Parker puts his arm around him too. "In fact, all my boys got my charm."

"Some of us have more than others," Dylan nudges Derrick.

Ethan frowns at me. "So, what happened to that other guy?" he asks me.

I'm being put on the spot again. "We broke up a while back. I decided I didn't need that negativity in my life," I tell him.

"Good," he nods.

"Anyway," Dylan interrupts. "Dinner?"

"Yes," Mr. Parker answers. "I picked up some steaks and since I have absolutely no idea how to make a potato salad, I got a store bought one."

My stomach growls at the mention of steak.

"I hope you're hungry," he turns his attention to me. "These steaks are massive."

While Mr. Parker prepares the steak and turns down my efforts to help with dinner somehow, Ethan suggests the rest of us play a card game, specifically Old Maid. I sit next to Dylan at the table and Ethan and Derrick sit opposite of us. After Ethan deals the cards, I realize I have the Old Maid after taking out my pairs.