Part 6: Cruel

Abbreviations in this chapter:
(Y/N) = your name
(F/F)= favourite food

Abbreviations in this chapter:(Y/N) = your name(F/F)= favourite food

|Y/N POV|

My eyes fluttered open as I felt sunlight hit them. It's been a week since I've been assigned to Xiao and progress on our relationship has not gotten any better. If anything it's gotten worse.

I walk out of my temporary room and am met with Verr's kind greetings.

"Good morning (Y/N), I hope you slept well, can I get you anything for breakfast?"

"Some (F/F) would be nice" I yawn

"Coming right up, oh and if you're concerned about Xiao he said he would be back around sunset"

"He's out again? And he didn't even wake me up?" I grumble

"Oh cheer up, if you'd like to help me there's a group of hilichurls nearby that you can get rid of" she chuckles

"I'd be more than happy to!" I beam

I immediately run out of the inn and hear verr say something but I didn't hear it. Oh well, I'm finally going to be able to do something! Fighting a few hilichurls sounds way more fun than sitting around the inn waiting for Xiao.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I finish off the last of the hilichurls and I put my weapon away, they were pretty easy to fight off. But the big one with the shield was super annoying.

I head up on the elevator, and I'm greeted by Verr and... a very angry looking Xiao.

'Here we go again' I groan

He walks in front of me and crosses his arms. He's a lot shorter when he's this close to me.

"Where were you?"

"I was just fighting a few hilichurls near-"

"Without my permission?" He clicks his tongue

"It was to help out Verr! For archons sake you treat me like a dog!" I yell

"You could have at least waited until I got here, I would have dealt with them!" He scolds

"I didn't know when you were going to get back!"

"That's why I said to wait" he glares

"I'm honouring my contract to the best of my ability but I-"

"Clearly. Your best isn't good enough." He cuts me off

I clench my fists. Anger courses through my veins. I don't want to deal with Xiao.

"You're worse than I thought you were" I feel a tear fall across my cheek.

His eyes widen for a moment and he tries to reach out to me but I simply smack his hand away.

"I'll be in my room. Waiting for orders" i curtesy and walk away.