Part 14: Nap

Abbreviations in this chapter:
(Y/N)= your name

Abbreviations in this chapter:(Y/N)= your name

|y/n pov|

"And that's why you never trust Xiao to read context clues"

"I apologized over a million times already Barbatos. Let it go." Xiao deadpans

"You can't blame me for being upset, you almost cost me a bit more than my hat"

Xiao simply glares at him while we continue our little breakfast session.

"Did you really do that Xiao?" I ask

"Well other than the fact he exaggerated a bit. Yes. I did"

"A bit? Xiao We almost died!"

"There's a key word there, Almost."

Unable to contain my laughter any longer, I burst out laughing. Causing Xiao to become embarrassed.

"Can we drop this conversation? I'd rather not reminisce on that" he says sheepishly

"Fine fine, so y/n how's Liyue? Are you finding everything to be better? Is Xiao causing you any problems?"

"Too many to even count"

"I am not that bad."

"You're right, you're worse" I smirk

"Okay rude"

Venti chuckles at our little conversation.

"You know y/n, I've been wondering. when are you going to let me whisk you away to Mondstadt?"

"Never." Xiao glares

"Wait why? I wanna go to Mondstadt! That sounds like so much fun"

"Yeah I can treat you to some dandelion wine! you drink right?"

"Well I've had alcohol once or twice, I don't think anyone can drink as much as you though. Speaking of, Xiao do you drink?"

"No. I've never drank and I never plan to"

"Why not? I thought for sure you'd at least had some"

"Did you forget what I do for a living?"

"Not ever since you made me go alongside you every time"

"Wait- I hate to interrupt your conversation...but Xiao makes you tag along in fighting hillichurls" the corners of his mouth turn up into a cheeky grin