Part 17: Loyalty

Ending #1.

Abbreviations in this chapter:
(Y/n): your name

⚠️mentions of blood and death⚠️

|Xiao POV|

They look up at me, their eyes no longer have the same shine they once had before.

The eyes that stared back at me, felt empty once more.

But they had every right to want to kill me, to want to kill Morax. But I need to at least snap them out of this blood thirsty state.

They charge at me, weapon in hand. I dodge but, They graze my arm again.

"Y/n please listen to me!"

No answer, only silence and the sounds of wood falling into the water below.

"Xiao. It's no use, talking won't help."

"Don't tell me what will and won't work damnit!" I glare

He pauses for a moment, processing? No. He's thought of a plan.

Is it to save y/n?

"I know something that will work." He speaks suddenly

"What do you need me to do?"

"Distract them, I need to retrieve it."

"You better hurry."

It doesn't seem like y/n understands what We're saying, not in this deadly state.

They spin their weapon, most likely to get a better grip, and come charging at me once again.

"Y/n please listen to me!"

No response, it's so quiet I can't even hear their breathing. All I can hear is the aggressive beat of my own heart.

"Y/n I know I wasn't fair, and you have every right to be mad. But I just want to talk!"

We continue on this lethal dance. When they finally speak.

Buts it's no longer in their happy tone, nor even a mad one. The tone was empty, as empty as the wind.

"You do not strike back, why?"

"Are you that big of an idiot?! I care y/n. I care so much about you!"

"You never acted like you did."

"Because I don't know how y/n! but I couldn't act on it because I didn't know what I felt for you! I genuinely thought I hated you, but the feeling I have for you is so much stronger than that!"

"You really think some sappy confession will make my anger disappear?"

"Of course not. You're stubborn as all hell, but you're more than welcome to tire yourself out" I smirk