Aiden's Baby Pt. 2

Aiden McGill Imagine
(Talks about loss of pregnancy)

It had been a few months since Alex and Aiden found out about my pregnancy. Aiden decided to stay. And he was actually excited about it, which made me happy. And as for Alex? He was thrilled to become an uncle and that his best friend would be joining our family. It felt like everything was just, falling into place.

My parents took the news okay. They weren't happy about it since we're so young but they supported my decision. Aidens parents weren't too happy. They had actually tried to get me to get an abortion because having a baby would 'interfere with Aidens hockey career' but I obviously didn't let that get to me.

I mean I was nervous about him having practice and games all the time, plus my brother did too, obviously because they were on the same team. And our parents weren't around that much so I felt like I was going to be doing this all on my own.

I am about 4 1/2 months along at this point and we had an appointment today. Usually Aiden comes with but he had to be at practice. My appointment was a bit later than usual, but it's okay because I don't really need him there.

I wasn't showing too much, which I thought was weird but I'll make sure to ask why later at the appointment.

~Skip to right before appointment~

"Ready to go?" The boys asked me. "Yeah come on" I say. I was dropping them off at practice, going to my appointment, and then picking them back up to go home. I felt weird today. Not like nauseous or like I was sick or something but I just felt off.

When I drop them off, Aiden kissed me goodbye and I headed to the doctors. I checked in and waited for my name to be called. I was nervous being here alone. I know I said I didn't need Aiden here but I wanted him to be. I feel so alone. The doctor called for me and we went back to the room.

She asked me all the basic questions you know like if I'm taking care of myself taking my vitamins blah blah blah...and then she was going to do an ultrasound. Aiden didn't want to know what the baby is but I did. I was hoping for a girl and Aiden wants a boy.

She put the cool gel on my tummy and began to look at my baby. "Do you want to know the sex?" She asked. I debated on whether or not I should say yes or no. I mean there was nothing wrong with me knowing and him not knowing... Right? "No but could you write it down and give it to me, just in case I change my mind?" She smiles to herself "sure..." She trails off. I looked at her confused "what is it?" I'm starting to get worried. "Your baby, it...doesn't have a heartbeat."

My heart drops. I feel like I'm going to die after hearing what she just said.

"What do you mean!? How? What did I do-" she turned to me and grabbed my hand "you didn't do anything, okay? These things happen naturally. Changing the way you do things wouldn't have prevented this" he assures me. I begin to cry, hard. I don't know why I'm so sad, I was a child I didn't need to be having a baby of my own. But it felt like a piece of me also died.

At this point, more than ever I wanted Aiden. I wanted my brother. I wanted my mom...

~Time skip to you at home~

I got home 10 minutes ago. I called Alex to tell him I couldn't pick him up and my appointment was a bit longer than expected. I couldn't face Aiden. I didn't know what I was going to say. I didn't know how he was going to react. I looked like I have just been hit by a bus. My hair was a mess, my makeup was ruined, I was wearing sweats and a baggy shirt. I felt so...meaningless. If that makes sense.

Aiden and Alex just walked in the house and looked at me with concern. They ran over to me, "Y/n! What happened?" Alex asks grabbing me by the shoulders. "My baby, it's gone.." I start to sob into Alex's chest. Aiden just stands there, behind Alex not knowing what to do. He runs outside and I follow him.

"Aiden..." he turns to me, his eyes are already bright red and are starting to get puffy. He just pulls me into a hug. He just holds me. It made me feel better. "Y/n, I should've been there with you. I can't imagine how you felt getting that news all by yourself." "It was hard but she was really good to me, she talked to me about my options" he looks down at me "options?" I pull him back inside so I can talk to both him and Alex.

"Her and I decided that I'd have to actually give birth to the baby, but it would be considered stillborn. I made the appointment for 10 days from now." I look down at my hands messing with my nails. "We'll both be there, holding your hand. So will mom and dad" 'oh god, mom and dad' I thought. I had to tell them too. But that's for another time. "So then what?" Aiden begins to get angry. "They just take our baby from us!? WE DONT DESERVE THIS!" He yells and it only makes me more upset.

"Aiden why don't you just go for a walk, calm down?" Alex opens the door signaling for Aiden to leave. He does so and Alex sits back next to me and pulls me into a hug "It'll be okay sis, I got you." Alex always made me feel better whenever I was down. He's always so calm, well except for when I told him I got pregnant by his best friend.

~10 days later~

Today was the day, the day I'd have my baby, and not be able to take it home. Aiden was a wreck. I was keeping it together but I wanted to just breakdown. Me, my mom, Alex, and Aiden all drove to the hospital. It was a silent car ride. And a bit awkward. When we got there I checked in and they took me to where I'd be having my baby.  We all kind of just sat there. Nobody knew what to say. So we waited for the doctor to come in.

~After she had the baby~

I had him, my baby boy. Exactly what Aiden wanted. I felt horrible.

They made his birth certificate and did his hand prints and feet prints, weighed him and all that. At least we got to keep something of his. We named him Aiden Thomas McGill Jr. Aj. It felt right to name him after his dad. Aiden was happy about that, it made him feel better.

We left the hospital and went home. I walked into the barely furnished nursery. All it had was the crib Alex and I used when we were babies, and a rocking chair. I hung Aj's birth certificate on the wall after I framed it, and his foot and hand prints.

The walls were yellow, a more light than dark yellow. we wanted to keep it neutral. His closet had some clothes in it. His crib had a few stuffed animals that Alex and Aiden had bought after I told them the news. There was also a blanket. It was white with a bear on it. I picked it out the day before my last appointment.

We were all kind of just standing in his room with nothing to say. Alex held out his arms signaling for me and Aiden to come hug him. And we sat there, hugging for what felt like forever. I didn't wanna let go.

Sorry this one is a bit sad but I felt like doing something that maybe wouldn't be expected
~Brooklyn

Alex Larson and Aiden McGill ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara