The Decision

Aiden McGill and Alex Larson Imagine

Today was the day I chose between Aiden and Alex. I had been dating them both for a while now and I finally know who I want. They haven't been the best of friends since they found out they both liked me.

I was going to their hockey game tonight and that's where I plan on breaking the news. I wasn't entirely sure how much they've been talking and how things would be after I chose. We have all been friends since 3rd grade and we're now in 10th.

I was heading to the game and I would meet up with my friend Rachel. I walked in and sat down, waiting for her to get here. I was looking out onto the ice and saw Alex and Aiden, they both waved at me so I waved back, smiling so big. I couldn't wait to finally be with the guy I loved.

A few moments later, Rachel showed up "oh my gosh you will not believe the day I've had" I look at her with a cocked eyebrow. She was just going to tell me some stupid school drama I didn't care about to I just pretended to listen. That might sound bad but I had my mind on other things.

~Skip to 2nd period~

It was the end of the second period and the boys were losing by a couple points. I could tell by the way they were playing, how distracted they were. I probably shouldn't have told them I was making my choice tonight. And then I saw something I didn't think would happen out on the ice "RACHEL LOOK!" I yell shaking her, we look out and it's McGill and Larson fighting, on the ice, in front of everyone. I was so embarrassed even though it wasn't me out there but I knew it was over me.

I ran down there to the box where the boys were being brought over to. "What the fuck is wrong with you two? What are you doing?" I yell through the glass. They both start yelling and explaining to me what was going on but I don't understand what they're saying and go back to my seat with Rachel.

She looks at me with a 'what happened' look shrugging. I just roll my eyes and brush it off.

At the end of the game, I was waiting outside of the building for the boys. It was mid January so it was cold and snowing. And freezing.

The boys walked out together and came up to me. "What is going on with you two?" I begin to get angry but I'm trying not to. "WHATS GOING ON WITH US?" McGill yells at me. He never does that. "You're the one stringing us along, playing with our feelings and ruining our friendships!"

I'm taken back at his words. I didn't even think of it like that but he was right. "I- I'm sorry guys..." "it's okay Y/n. I'm not mad." Alex pulls me into a hug and Aiden instantly gets jealous and grabs my arm. "What the hell Aiden!" Alex yells getting into his face and Aiden let's go of me "you gonna do something about it? Huh?"

I get in between them and push them apart. "I cannot do this guys. I can't pick one of you and have the other one hate us for it. We're best friends, I don't know why we let it get this far. I shouldn't have gone on those dates with you. I shouldn't have flirted with you guys. I should've just pushed down all my feelings. But I didn't. And now we're have to deal with it."

"Y/n you don't have to choose. Let's just all get back to the way we were..." Alex looks at Aiden nervously. "I agree. I miss it when we were all just friends." We all hug and get into Aiden's car and head to his house for a sleepover.

Once we get to his house, we all set up and got comfy in his movie room. He puts on a random movie and falls asleep right away. I was sitting in between the two boys and Alex was still awake so we just talked for a while.

It was silent for a second and I felt the need to say "I was gonna choose you..." I look up at him waiting for him to say something. "REALLY!?" He clears his throat, "I mean really?" He asks nonchalantly. I giggle at his response and he kisses me. "I've always wanted to do that" and with that, we both fell asleep.