𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

CELEBRATIONS WERE IN ORDER ALL THROUGHOUT THE DAY AS CATHERINE CELEBRATED HER EIGHTEENTH BIRTHDAY. after having finished sending texts to troy, catherine had gotten herself ready for the day. she had spent most of the morning responding to texts from her family as well as her friends who had stayed up with her until midnight to wish the girl a happy eighteen birthday.

in terms of her family, catherine was due to go round the holmes home later today, the mother of the birthday girl having said she can invite vinnie around, and even troy if they were still with her later today.

to say catherine was excited would be an understatement. so much so she couldn't keep the smile off her face. this also meant when troy walked through the door of catherine's apartment, balloons following behind him, the smile on the girls face only grew.

"happy birthday bitch." troy exclaimed, him placing the balloon holders down on the floor, placing the large gift bag also on the floor. before he allowed cat to hug him as she waited to do so, he placed the large tray of doughnuts on the side table next to the front door of her home.

now that troy was empty handed, catherine ran into the arms of her best friend, him immediately returning the hug. whilst in one another's arms, the duo swayed back and forth, the smile visible on catherine's face not disappearing anytime soon.

"you didn't have to get me balloons, and all of this- i would have been happy with just the doughnuts." catherine commented once having pulled herself out of troy's arms. the best friend of cat just sighed, shaking his head before walking into the girls kitchen, making himself and catherine an iced coffee each whilst she sat herself down on the couch.

"so what time did vinnie leave then?" troy's voice could be heard getting louder as the brunette boy returned back into the living room with catherine's and his iced coffee's.

"just over an hour ago maybe? he said he would be back soon- had to get some stuff and my presents." troy nodded his head, catherine thanking her best friend as she grabbed the drink out of his hand, taking a sip.

"how does it feel being eighteen then?"

"honestly troy? i don't feel any different. wait till I'm twenty-one, then I'll feel different." troy shook his head,  a little laugh escaping his lips as he placed down his drink on the coffee table.

"I'm surprised you've not bombarded through that tray of doughnuts or presents yet." troy teased, earning a scoff and a shove from catherine before the two let out laughs.

"there's still time troy." he laughed, catherine letting out a small laugh as she crossed her legs on the couch, getting herself more comfy. the girl watched as troy got himself up from the couch momentarily to get her presents, placing the large gift bags in front of where catherine was sitting.

"troy what have i told you about buying me so much. i don't like you spending money on me!"

"catherine. don't bother arguing with me today. it's your birthday, the big one eight may i add, so of course i was going to get you a load of presents. so take it." troy hit back to catherine's comment, him not taking a no for an answer in response to her accepting the presents he had gotten her.

from having taken a peek into the bag, cat was surprised to see how well troy had wrapped the presents as both of them knew that neither one of them could wrap presents very well.

"stepped up the wrapping paper game have we?" catherine teased, troy giving her a smile as well as a thumbs up. he sat back on the sofa after having grabbed his iced coffee, getting himself comfy as he watched catherine begin to open some of the presents in the bag.

picking up the first one she could get, catherine placed the present that was more flat than the others on her lap. she took a glance at troy, him just smiling as he nodded his head at catherine- mentally telling her to get on with it.

opening the first present of many from troy, catherine couldn't hold back her smile and pure excitement upon seeing what troy had gotten her.

"troy- i will cry. you know that right?" catherine said, holding up the brown file, of which represented the infamous file that natasha romanoff had given steve rogers about the winter soldier.

because he was her best friend, troy knew how much catherine had a love for the marvel films, and especially captain america: the winter soldier- the girl calling that her comfort movie. so it was only reasonable, troy got her the file on bucky barnes aka the winter soldier.

"i've been seeing this like all over tiktok and i was trying to find it everywhere but it was constantly sold out." catherine said, placing the file to the side to give her best friend a hug, troy returning the hug instantly.

"are you going to hug me after each present? cause then there will be a lot of hugs." troy teased, catherine laughing as she advanced further into the gift bag, getting another present.

"troy you are supposed to be nice to me today."

"that won't last long though will it?"

"no."

standing outside of catherine's apartment door, vinnie took a deep breath, a sense of worry flooding through him. he rubbed his hands against his jeans, before nodding on the door to his girlfriends home. normally, he would just enter the girls home, after her had been given a key, but this time- vinnie wanted to see catherine's reaction to what birthday surprise he had in stood for the girl.

laughter from inside the room caught vinnie's attention, the familiar sound of catherine's voice getting louder the closer she got to her front door.

it wasn't long till vinnie was met with the face of catherine, a smile appearing onto her face as soon as her boyfriend came into her eye view.

"happy birthday!" vinnie shouted, catherine smile having gotten even brighter upon seeing the excitement vinnie was displaying for her birthday. even though she had seen him this morning before he had left to go get her presents, it still made catherine smile that he was still as excited now for her birthday just like he was this morning.

"catherine invite the poor boy in- he's struggling to keep the balloons still." troy shouted from behind catherine, the three laughing as catherine stood to the side, allowing vinnie into her apartment.

"you honestly sounded like my mum then troy."

"what can i say? penelope is a great woman."

"she is- she's invited you two round later for when i go round." catherine commented, her seeing troy and vinnie exchanging looks, slight smiles on their faces- almost like they both knew what the other was thinking.

"i know those faces- what the fuck are you two thinking?"

"nothing!"

"nothing- not at all!"

catherine narrowed her eyes at the two boys standing either side of her, both vinnie and troy giving catherine smiles before sitting themselves down on the couch.

"you haven't got anything planned for today besides going to your mums later have you cat?" vinnie asked his girlfriend, placing the gift bag of presents he had gotten her in front of her, the girl moving the bag closer to her.

"not that i know of no."

"good- cause i have a surprise for you."

AUTHORS NOTE
next chapter will be longer as a lot of stuff
will be happening for cat's birthday so be prepared🤪

sorry for the long wait- i had to take time away,
cause I've just been so sick, migraines have been
honestly killing me recently😌

n e whore

stay safe, stay hydrated!
remember you are loved!🥰🥰