𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

SITTING IN VINNIE'S CAR, CATHERINE CONTINUED TO FIDGET IN HER SEAT, A SENSE OF NERVOUSNESS FILLING HER BODY AS THEY DROVE DOWN THE ROAD. troy stayed at catherine's apartment, catherine having given her best friend a glare as to why he was going to stay at her apartment whilst she went out for her surprise with vinnie.

but when she saw troy and vinnie exchange looks, she knew they had conjured something up together, and catherine was not in the mood to pry it out of either of them for an answer.

"catherine will you stop fidgeting, you're making me anxious." the couple let out laughs, catherine looking up at her boyfriend, him stealing a glance at her before focusing his eyes back on the busy roads of los angeles.

"sorry i just don't know what surprise you could have possibly planned." catherine responded honestly, the girl really not knowing what vinnie had up his sleeve in terms of surprises. sure he had surprised catherine before when they were together the first time, but it wasn't anything as exciting for this one. the only reason she knew why it was going to be an exciting surprise, was because vinnie could not hold back his own pure excitement and happiness when the two had left cat's apartment.

"isn't apart of you scared?"

"vinnie by you asking if I'm scared for your surprise is going to make me scared you fucking idiot." vinnie let out a chuckle, him giving cat's thigh a reassuring squeeze.

for the rest of the journey, catherine sat and looked out the window, the girl singing along to chase atlantic and arctic monkeys, to which catherine was surprised that vinnie had put together a playlist that consisted of all her favourite songs from her favourite bands and artists.

vinnie would occasionally glance over at cat, a smile unconsciously appearing across his face upon seeing catherine's own smile.

"we're nearly here." vinnie announced, his words making catherine fidget once again, him glancing over to see the girl looking a tiny bit worried. "cat love- stop worrying, it's a good surprise! I'm cruel but i won't get you a bad surprise for your birthday after that one time i did."

"oh don't even remind me." the two laughed, vinnie pulling over on the side of the house in front of a house. furrowing her eyebrows, cat tried to distinguish whether she knew this house, or even the people that lived there.

"I don't think you will know whose house this is cat." vinnie answered the question that catherine had on her mind, giving her hand a squeeze before climbing out of his car. catherine followed his actions, walking around to his side of the car.

looking up to the front door, catherine saw someone opening the door, a woman around the age of her mothers standing there. narrowing her eyes at the woman, catherine began to wonder if she did know this woman.

"hey sam." vinnie said with a wave, catherine noticing the boy smiling at the older woman.

"let me guess this is catherine?" vinnie nodded, wrapping his arm around catherine's shoulder, bringing the girl closer to him.

"cat- meet sam, she's a friend of my mums." pulling out of vinnie's grip, catherine sent the woman before her a smile and a wave. sam returned the wave, before inviting the two teenagers into her home.

"i can only imagine the confusion going through your head right now cat, as it's your birthday and vinnie has brought you around." catherine nodded, not wanting to seem rude, but she was very much confused as to why she was here. "-why don't you take a seat."

catherine did exactly that, her eyes falling onto vinnie, to which the boy was struggling to hold back his laughter.

"what's so funny?"