𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

"CATHERINE?" troy shouted as he walked into his best friends apartment. it was was the afternoon, troy worrying about catherine as she was due around his house at eleven to spend a day with him, vinnie and aaron.

troy hadn't got a response as he walked into the girls home, him having a key to her home so he could come over whenever he needed to.

and today was a day he needed it. walking into catherine's room, he knew immediately what was going on with the girl. catherine was currently laying in her bed, her eyes just staring at her ceiling.

catherine had noticed troy's presence in her room, but she couldn't react to it if she wanted to, so instead she kept looking up at her ceiling.

troy sat himself on the edge of catherine's bed, giving her a small smile, even though she wasn't looking his way.

catherine had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder only last year, to which helped the girl make sense to why she had a few days, or even a week, of not wanting to leave bed, or eat any food. during these depressive episodes, catherine would also not want to watch or do anything, as she would lose interest her interest in watching things such as her favourite shows, like teen wolf, criminal minds and not even wanting to watch the vampire diaries or the originals.

troy would often know when catherine was having these episodes, as no one would hear from her, and even though it had only been half a day that people hadn't heard from her, troy knew that something was wrong with his best friend.

troy would often bring the food around, even though she wouldn't eat it as she would majority of the loose her appetite. this would scare troy, as he would often just watch his friend become ill due to her not eating, sometimes not even sleeping.

but catherine just said "that's what happens."

vinnie didn't know this about catherine, heck no one really knew besides troy obviously.

the girls didn't know either, they knew something was wrong with the girl, but she hadn't told them that it was because of her bipolar disorder.

troy knew because he was the person that told catherine tested for it, to see if she would be diagnosed, and she did.

because vinnie and aaron were round troy's, the boy had to make an excuse up for why he had to leave so suddenly. vinnie had a feeling it was about catherine, as the girl clearly hadn't shown up, the boy knowing that he was ex was in fact coming.

troy just used the excuse that he was going out, and was also going to check if catherine had overslept, as she hadn't been messaging anyone. to which everyone besides troy, would just think the girl had overslept.

"hey cat." troy said out to his best friend, him seeing her wave in response, before patting the space next to her. troy proceeded to sit next to the girl, his back resting against her headboard as the two sat in silence.

catherine was so thankful for troy during these times, but she didn't and couldn't express it to him right now, the girl being so drained and not having the ability to talk, because that would often just lead to her crying, for sometimes hours straight.

troy knew this, as he had experienced it the first time catherine was having an depressive episode, when he asked her if she wanted her milkshake he had brought from mcdonalds, she bursted out crying.

when she felt her side dip from where troy had sat, she moved her head to look at him, a smile for the first time in a few hours appearing on her face.