Chapter 10: South Carolina (Elizabeth's POV)

I guess you could say this whole thing has made me insane. Not just leaving Georgia, but the end of the world. After packing my bags, I threw them into the back of the truck that Daryl was going to be driving. He loaded his motorcycle back up onto the back for safe keeping. I jumped in the drivers side to move the truck closer to the doors of the school. I put it in park while I waited for the others to come out, or for Daryl to tell me to get the hell out of his seat. "Ye' look good drivin' this," Daryl said patting the truck. I jumped and put a hand on my chest. "Daryl! Stop popping up in places like that!" I smacked him through the window. "Move over. Rick wants ta' head out." I moved over to the passengers side and propped my feet up. "If I look so good driving it, why can't I drive?" I asked moving closer to him. "Because I wanna' live." He leaned over and kissed me quickly. "You will. I'm a good driver." I laughed as he kissed my jaw. "Sure you are doll."

I saw the exiting sign for Georgia and smiled. "We're finally out of Georgia!" I squealed smacking Daryl's bicep playfully. "This my first time outta' Georgia." He mumbled. "Really? Well, I'm glad I get to spend it with you." I kissed his cheek. Daryl rested his right hand on the inside of her bare thigh. "Why are you being all touchy today?" I grabbed his hand and held it. "Because I can, ye' gotta problem with it?" He asked with his eyebrows raised. "Not at all!" I laughed. "Good. 'Cause yer' gonna' get it good t'night." He growled in my ear. I automatically blushed and forced myself to look out the window. All he did was speak and it made butterflies in my stomach. Daryl Dixon could yell and scream at me, call me every name in the book and I would still get butterflies because that's how much I love him. No matter what he did, I'd always love him.

We had to stop for a break because everyone had to use the bathroom and freshen up. "I'm gonna' head out fer' a bit, see if I can find some squirrel." Daryl yelled to Rick. "You're leavin'?" I asked walking away form Lori who was passing out water. "I'll be back doll, get cleaned up." I snickered, "you should too while you're out there." He winked and started off into the woods with his crossbow.

~

"Got some stuff guys!" Glenn yelled as he pulled up. Rick had sent Glenn to scout of a neighborhood a few miles over, and since we were heading in the opposite direction Rick said we should take all we could find. Maggie and Glenn have grown relatively close since we brought her back to the group. She jumped up and ran towards Glenn. He hugged her and Hershel didn't look to happy. Shane and Rick haven't been on good terms either, they've been fighting a lot and I told them how the stress wasn't good for Lori or the baby, and that got them to shut up. "Hey Elizabeth?" Glenn asked. "Yeah?" I asked looking up from sorting the now clean laundry. "I don't know if you know or not, but Maggie and me are together, she didn't want to tell you." I felt a little upset that Maggie didn't want to tell me. "Any idea why?" Glenn shrugged his shoulders and walked away. I saw Lori coming back from the river with a bag in her hand. She threw the bag into the woods and walked back over to the rest of us. Being the person I am, I had to look to see what was in that bag.

Leaving my spot next to Daryl's truck I stepped off into the woods. I found the bag and opened it to see a pair of pants overed in blood. Lori had a miscarriage or that's what it looks like. "What the hell ya' doin' out here!" Daryl's voice yelled from behind me. "Nothin'!" I said quickly. "Get yer' ass back up to the road woman!" I started hauling ass back to the road as Daryl explained why I shouldn't be out in the woods by myself and all the horrible things that could happen. "Daryl! I get it. You wanna' keep me safe. I'm okay though. Next time I'll tell you, or someone." He grunted and walked over to Carol who was cooking up out dinner. I didn't notice, but Daryl got a few squirrels on his hunt out. I went back to my duty of folding clothes and couldn't get Lori's miscarriage off my mind.

A few hours have past and I could see Lori walking in my direction. "Can I talk to you for a minute? It's important." She sounded scared. "Yeah. What's wrong?" I asked making her sit down next to me on a bucket. "Carol... She likes Daryl." My eyes got wide as I was not expecting her to bring up Daryl. "Carol. The short haired one?" I clarified. "Yeah. She was flirting with him when he brought over the squirrels and he kept pushing her off him." I bit my lip. "Oh. Thanks for telling me that. I'll talk to him about it tonight. Is their anything else you wanna' tell me Lori?" I asked placing a hand on her shoulder. "No. Not at all." She smiled and got up heading back for the group.

Maybe I was paranoid, or jealous, but every time Carol walked by I felt like she was burning holes through my head and I knew the exact reason why.