Chapter 21: Death

The sound was enough to make one scared, and Elizabeth was shaking as Daryl tackled her to the ground, throwing himself on top of her to keep her safe from the bullets that were flying around. "Rick!" Daryl yelled out. "Stay down!" He hollered back.

Elizabeth locked eyes with Daryl, afraid for both of their safety. "Listen..." Daryl started. Elizabeth knew it was going to be a speech about her trying to get away and him saving the day. She didn't want that. She wanted to help fight whatever was harming them.

The shots stopped and Daryl lifted his head slightly to see if he could tell who were firing the shots and where they were coming from. "Don't move. I mean it." He warned Elizabeth before army crawling over to Rick.

"Anyone hurt?" Rick asked. "I'm not sure. Dale and Tyreese went down." Daryl said hoping they were okay. Elizabeth knew they were shot, but where she couldn't tell. She slowly turned over onto her stomach and started to crawl up the small steps to Dale and Tyreese. "Hey!" She called out. "Elizabeth..." Dale chocked out. "Are you hurt?" She asked crawling up beside him.

"Bullet wound in shoulder. Tyreese is down." He was crying slightly and holding his shoulder. Elizabeth crawled over to the door and opened it the best she could. "Help!" She yelled in. "Help!" Elizabeth seen Zach approaching. "Stop! Were being attacked. Dale is injured. Pull him inside quickly." She moved out of the way and lay on her back as Dale was dragged inside. Shots started going off again and she covered her head.

The prison door was now shut and she had hope that Dale was going to make it. As long as he was inside, then he could make it with the help of the group. Elizabeth looked over at Tyreese. He was dead.

The bullet wounds in his chest made it obvious. He had no pulse. They lost him. He was gone. Elizabeth wasn't extremely close with Tyreese, but this group was her family. She silently cried and looked away from his body Seeing him only made it worse.

She lay there for a few minutes and felt a hand on her arm rolling her over. "Tyree-Ahhh!" Tyreese had turned and Elizabeth was too busy crying over the loss of him that she didn't end him. "Daryl! Help!" She screeched and tried to push Tyreese the Walker off of her. He was a big guy and much stringer than her. She couldn't do it though, her small body was nothing compared him.

She cried and prayed that it would quick and she wouldn't have to see Daryl crying over her. A bullet went off and Tyreese fell over, dead, officially.

Elizabeth looked over and it was Rick holding his gun up. "Get inside!" He growled to her and everyone else. Shane and Andrea helped the prisoners up and they all ran inside.

Elizabeth was sitting on the bench, shaking with fear. She's never had an encounter like that before. Sasha was mourning over the loss of her brother and Elizabeth felt horrible knowing that she didn't end him immediately so he wouldn't have to come back.

"We don't know who is outside shooting." Rick spoke. "I'm going to see if I can find out." He muttered and rubbed his face. He turned to walk out the door and Lori grabbed his arm, trying to stop her husband. "Don't." He whispered before going outside.

Elizabeth went up to her cell and lay on the bed. She was still shaking with fear and was glad that Rick was there to save her. She heard running up the steps and it was Daryl. He pulled her into his arms and squeezed her tight, rubbing the back of her head. He didn't say anything to her expect a quietly 'I love you'. When he pulled back to check her for bites and scratches Elizabeth noticed that he had tears in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked him. "Mhm." He said lifting her shirt to check for marks. "I'm fine, Daryl. I promise." He sighed and stood up. "Okay." He wiped his eyes and leaned against the wall. "I thought I lost ya'." He breathed out, trying to control his emotions. "I'm here. It's alright. I love you, okay?" Elizabeth was cradling his face and kissing his cheek. He turned his face to meet her lips with his and kissed her lovingly. Daryl couldn't imagine what would happen if he lost her.

"I need to help Rick." He said pulling away and grabbing his crossbow. "Okay, be careful. And wear this." She handed him the bullet proof vest they found in the cell. "Nah. I'm good, baby." Daryl didn't take the vest and went off to see if he could figure out the source of that bullets.

****
🤔Predictions?

💖Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥