Chapter 14: Temporary Home

They found an apartment complex a few miles west of where the herd was. "We sleep on the same floor." Rick said. They managed to clear the two bottom floors and the top third floor.

"Daryl, I want you to room with Hershel." Rick said walking by. "What?" Daryl asked chasing after Rick. He was hoping to be alone with just him and Elizabeth.

"Glenn doesn't want Hershel with him and Maggie." Rick argued. "And ya' think I fuckin' do?" He growled. "He ain't roomin' with me and Elizabeth." Daryl walked off to find them a room. He pick the one at the end of the hall way.

They were average sized apartments, only meant for one person. To Daryl they were nicest places he ever been in.

Elizabeth walked down the hallway and saw Daryl through one of the open doors. "Hey. This our room?" She asked holding a few of their bags on her hands. He grunted and she threw the bags down.

"It's nice. We could make it work. Stay here forever." She spun around and Daryl hated to say it, but that would never happen. "How the hell we gonna stay here. We're in the middle of nowhere." He pulled out a cigarette from his pocket and leaned against the windowsill. "It just nice to hope." Elizabeth muttered.

She left the room clearing upset with how Daryl was acting. He usually wasn't one to crush her hopes, but today he wasn't in a good mood.

Down in one of the empty rooms, Carol and Andrea were making dinner for everyone. "Hey Elizabeth." Andrea smiled at her.

When dinner was served Daryl came in late and picked Elizabeth and sat her on his lap. "You okay?" She whispered amongst the small conversations. "Mhmm." He nodded and started to eat his canned food.

Zach sat across from Daryl and Elizabeth. Elizabeth didn't notice, but Daryl and Zach did. Her shirt was low cut and you could see the tops of her pert and full breast. Daryl started bouncing his leg out of aggravation. He was fed up with other men looking at his woman. "Ya' got a problem jackass?" Daryl spoke up.

Carl and Sophia ran to their mothers. "What are you talking about?" Zach yelled. "Yer' a real cocky sum bitch." Daryl muttered. "What? She's nice to look at! What are you gonna do. Cut my eyes out?" Zach said standing up. "It's a fuckin' start!" Daryl said moving Elizabeth off his lap to get in Zach's face.

"Daryl! Stop!" Elizabeth pulled on his arm, trying to make him let up. She ran a hand up his back and that instantly calmed him. But it caused another problem. His pants tighten and he tried to not get excited at a time like this. "Daryl baby lets go back to the room." She cooed him. Daryl huffed and started walking towards the room. Elizabeth picked up their food and drinks and apologized to the group. "I'm sorry. He's been a little grumpy today." They seemed to understand.

Upon entering the bedroom Daryl could only think about her and the way her hand felt on his back. He wanted her so bad it literally made him sick to his stomach. He was going to love her so hard tonight that she had bruises. He wanted her to scream and let everyone know she was his and only his.

Elizabeth put the food and a coffee table and continued to eat her vegetable soup. She turned around when Daryl came in. He sat down next to her and they are their dinner in silence. After eating she took a dunk of water and passed it to Daryl. "Why do you get like that?" She asked him, running a finger up and down his bicep. "Get like what?" He asked taking a drink. "Overprotective. He was just looking at me." She whispered. "I dunno. Jus' can't stand other people lookin' at cha'." He took a deep breath and relaxed himself against the couch. "I'm gonna go lock the door." Elizabeth said and got up. He watched her ass all the out, and it reminded him of the uncomfortableness in his pants.

She started walking back and Daryl got up and grabbed ahold of her tightly. "What are you doing Daryl?" She gasped as he picked her up. "We're gonna have some fun sweetheart."

******
There is a part two to this, but I'm not posting it until tomorrow!