Chapter 24: Family

Just a little chapter for Mother's Day! Enjoy!

******

Elizabeth sat on her bed with the babies in her arms. They were almost sleep and she wondered how they managed to sleep with her weeping. She lay the Julie down and then Ben, covering their feet with a small blanket. Elizabeth hear the scuffing of feet on the cement outside her door. Daryl pulled the curtain back and instantly wanted to kick himself in the ass for hurting her feelings. He felt bad, but seeing her now with the tears running down her face made him feel even worse.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbled quietly and pulled up an old wooden chair to sit next to her. "I didn't do anything, Daryl. And you just... Snapped." "I know. I've just been jealous lately." Elizabeth laughed and shook her head. "Jealous of what? I would never step out on you. You know that, right?" She asked him. Daryl knew she was right. He knew that Elizabeth wouldn't cheat on him and loved that he had a faithful girl. It wasn't really her that he was worried about. It was more about the men that would take advantage of her and hurt her that he was worried about.

"I don't like guys flirtin' with ya', or takin' advantage of ya'." Daryl admitted and chewed on his thumbnail. "I know. I don't like when Carol flirts with you, or when all the girls check you out." She told him and moved over on the bed so he could sit next to her. Daryl kicked his boots off and sat down, pulling Elizabeth to sit between his legs.

"Those kids are cute," he told her and kissed the back of her neck. "I know. They are adorable. I love them, Daryl. It's only been about a day, but look at them," she whispered. Daryl did look at them, and his sudden urge to protect them came out. "They're ours, okay?" He told her. Elizabeth smiled and Daryl could see that she was really happy. "Ours, like our own little family?" She asked him. "Yeah." He answered and kissed her briefly before reaching over and picking up the fussy baby boy. "Hi, Ben!" Elizabeth smiled. "It's momma," she said and looked at Daryl. "And Dada. We're gonna take good care of both of you." She said baby talking to him and watched as Ben smiled. Daryl smirked too. He was now responsibly for two more lives, and had a good feeling about staying in the prison. They were safe and had food, so to Daryl everything was okay. They lost somebody, but they gained two more people. Hershel is well, Dale is healing. Life is good right now.

~

It's been a month since they've found the babies. A month since the prisoners have been living with them. Everyday they were locked up in a cell with somebody on watch. Rick was about to just execute them because they all broke out last week and tried to kill Maggie and Glenn. Hershel was the one who convinced him not to kill them. Hershel was up and walking with the help of a prosthetic leg that the group found on a run. The prisoners were now held in different cells away from the group. Two people were always on guard for them.

Elizabeth rolled over and grinned. She ran her hand up Daryl's chest and played with the light chest hair. Next to them in a crib were Julie and Ben, who have taken a liking to their new parents. The cell that Elizabeth and Daryl had was now turned into a room. The walls were no longer cement. Rick and Daryl found some drywall and placed it in cells to make it more homelike and they even added carpet. Elizabeth and Daryl were one of the lucky ones that earned a door for their room. A real door with a lock and everything.

Elizabeth sat up in bed, the sheet falling to her waist and revealing her full chest. She yawned and lay back down wanting nothing more than to get up and go to outside to help tend to the garden that Hershel and she have been working on. But Daryl was asleep, and she wasn't allowed to leave until he woke up. She glanced over and Ben and Julie who were both awake staring at the little toys that hung over the crib. Elizabeth pulled on a shirt bridge getting up.

"Good morning babies," she pulled the one side of the crib down and picked up the babies. "You hungry?" She went over to a shelf and pulled out some clean bottles. Elizabeth put both of the babies in their swings and made them their bottles. Daryl opened his eyes and noticed the cold spot beside him in bed. He looked up and seen Elizabeth making bottles for their babies. Julie let out a loud, happy screech when she seen Daryl wake up. Elizabeth turned around to greet him a good morning. "Damn..." He mumbled under his breath when he noticed that Elizabeth was only wearing a grey t-shirt and some black panties.

"Momma's lookin' hot today," he said and stood up to give her a kiss. "Only today," Elizabeth teased. "Everyday," he told her and locked their lips together. Daryl went over and grabbed Ben from the crib, taking the bottle from Elizabeth he started to feed him while she fed Julie. "There's a run today," Daryl spoke up. Elizabeth nodded, but didn't really hear what he said. She couldn't keep her eyes off him. Something about Daryl walking around in black jeans with his shirt off and holding their baby made her stomach fill up with butterflies.

"Ya' hear me?" He asked. "Y-yeah." She stuttered and walking around with Julie in her arms. "Ya' sure about that, sweetheart?" Daryl knew she wasn't paying attention. He knew she was checking him out, thinking about what she wanted to do to him. "No..." Elizabeth admitted with a bright red blush across her chubby cheeks. "Thought so... Anyways, I'm goin' on a run. Ya' need anythin' particular?" "Just our usual." Daryl knew what the usual was. The past month it had become very clear of the things they needed the most. Food, clothes, tampons, baby stuff, batteries, gas, and condoms. The condoms were mostly for Glenn and Daryl. They've went through more than they could count and were always on the look out for more. With so many women running around, Daryl was damn near exhausted on having to make the 'late night tampon run'. You'd think with the world coming to an end that those sort of runs wouldn't happen anymore. But, they did and Daryl was always the one who had to go out in the middle of the night.

Elizabeth loved how Daryl helped the group as much as he could, but Carol, and Lori were complete assholes about it. Every time Daryl tried to help them they would bash him, and call him horrible names. Elizabeth remembered when she heard Lori mumble under her breath, 'redneck trash'. She almost lost it. If Shane wasn't there to hold Elizabeth back, then she would've ripped Lori's head off.

The babies were now fed and back in their swings chewing on teething rings. Daryl pulled on a sleeveless shirt and his vest before giving Elizabeth a kiss. "I'll be back." He picked up his crossbow and headed downstairs.

******
💙Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames🔥🔥🔥