Chapter 17: Serenity

They all stood in a small circle trying to break into the prison. After the broke through the fence they had a small heard of walkers ahead of them.

Daryl had Elizabeth attached at the hip. He wasn't letting her out of his sight not once. He didn't want to risk losing her.

The walkers just kept coming. Walker after walker. They fought for a good twenty minutes before all the walkers in the walkway were cleared.

"That was jus' a start. Can ya' imagine what it's like inside, or even worse, the court yard. Look at all them bastards." Daryl told Rick.

Elizabeth had an idea, "let's draw as many as we can over to the fence and we can kill them through it. Then we can go fight the others inside the fence." Rick nodded, "great idea. Carl you and Maggie head down to end. Glenn, I need you here with Lori and Hershel. Elizabeth, you take care of the main part here with Daryl and Shane, Michonne and Andrea. The rest of you spread out get as many as you can!" Rick yelled.

The group started to kill the walkers one by one. They had a good many people in their group and the only ones not helping were Carl and Sophia, although they could both learn and maybe one day be a big asset to the group.

"Over here asshole!" Shane yelled. Michonne was using her sword to cut through the fence and Daryl and Elizabeth were both using bolts from his crossbow.

Rick was going around and helping out certain parts of the fence where there was a lot and it was over crowded.

After a good hour of fighting, they had it cleared and only about five walkers were left out in the field. Looking up at the sun, Daryl knew that there was only about two hours of daylight left and if the prison was filled with walkers it's best not to be in there at night.

Rick opened the fence and ran up to the other side, locking up that fence as well. "Daryl look at all this!" Elizabeth squealed. "This is perfect." He said picking her up and spinning them around.

"Great job!" Michonne said patting Elizabeth on the back. "Thanks. You're great with that sword." Michonne smiled, "thanks."

Carol and Lori went over to make a fire while Maggie and Glenn looked for fire wood. Tyreese took Sasha with him and they scoped out the fence to look for any holes and entrances that could aloud walkers inside.

Zach was doing a good job at keep Carl and Sophia entertained. He was only a few years older than them and he actual enjoyed hanging out with Carl.

Dale and Hershel talked about growing some crops in the courtyard. Everyone was off doing their own thing. Daryl and Elizabeth took the time to scope out the guard tower. "We could stay up 'ere." Daryl mentioned. "All alone, no one around. Lots of privacy." He winked at her, hinting something. "Daryl Dixon don't you ever get enough?" She complained. "Never." He kissed her lips and they climbed down to join the rest of the group.

As they started to cook up the squirrel that Daryl got earlier Rick assigned watch shifts. He gave Daryl first watch, and he didn't mind. He liked being awake at night when everyone was asleep. It was peaceful.

After they all had a small portion of food, they relaxed. It's been a few days since they had to leave the apartments, and they were exhausted. "How much water to we have?" Elizabeth asked.

"I have a few jugs in RV." Shane said. "Could you spare two, or three?" She asked sweetly. "Yeah, I'll be back." Shane got up to retrieve the jugs.

"What do ya' need water fer'?" Daryl asked. "I need to clean up a bit, and my clothes aren't the greatest. So I figure a jig for me and a jug for you, then one to wash my clothes since Carol doesn't want to wash mine." Elizabeth explained. "There you go," Shane placed four jugs beside her, one more than she wanted, which was fantastic.

Daryl was on watch so he figured he could watch her bath while he was at it. "Stand over 'ere." He said pointing to the tipped over car. Daryl was standing on top the car and Elizabeth stripped down quickly. She grabbed an old shirt and cut a piece off to use for a washcloth.

After washing her hair and body, she put on some hair removal cream that Glenn found awhile back. "It's getting cold down here." Elizabeth said with teeth chattering. "I can tell," Daryl winked. Elizabeth looked down and her nipples were hard. "You meanie!" She joked and crossed her arms over her chest. After waiting a few minutes Elizabeth rinsed off the cream and her legs were baby butt smooth.

"Done!" She said. Elizabeth let the cool air dry her body. She grabbed the only pair of clothes she had left that were clean. A pair of fluffy zebra pajama pants and a maroon tee shirt.

She slipped her boots on and looked up at Daryl. "Wanna help me up?" She asked. "Grab on," he said and pulled her up with one hand.

Elizabeth sat on the tilted vehicle kicking her legs back and forth. "What do you think is inside that prison?" She looked up at him. "Hell, could be walkers, animals, bugs, or worse, people. Jus' stay close to me tomorrow and don't let anything that isn't me get ahold of ya'." She nodded, "okay. I think this is a good find, the prison. Don't you?" She asked him. Daryl shrugged his shoulders, "won't know until later."

Daryl looked down at his watch, it said five am, but he knew it was wrong. Either way it was time for Tyreese to take watch.

After waking Tyreese everyone else woke up too. They said it was because they were used to only two hours of sleep and getting more than that was abnormal. 'Fuck stayin' awake. I'm gonna fuck my woman and sleep all day' Daryl thought to himself.

Elizabeth and Daryl went up to the guard tower. As they opened to door it creeped a little. Pushing the door open, Daryl noticed house it was empty. "I'll be back." He grunted, going down the latter.

While Elizabeth was in the tower Daryl went to look for something comfortable to sleep on. He went to the old, flipped car and yanked the door open. He took out his buck knife and cut all the foam cushions out of it. Michonne saw what he was doing and decided to help. "Take these to the guard tower." He said.

Michonne took them to Elizabeth and she smiled to herself. Daryl was so sweet at times.

Daryl continued to cut out foam for a good ten minutes. After having a good amount of foam, he retrieved their blankets and pillows from the truck. When he got to the guard tower he noticed that she had a flashlight in her mouth, with a cloth and soapy water. She was cleaning the place and they just got in here. "I'm trying to get that smell out. I hope pine sol doesn't bother you."

"Nah, I'm good. Ye' almost done?" He asked. "Barely, but if you help I'll be done in about twenty minutes." Daryl rolled his eyes and got down on his knees, helping her wash the floors and walls. It wasn't long before the clear water had turned to a reddish color, but the place was clean. And clean was good nowadays.

"Maybe you could find me some paint one day and I could paint on it." She said, and Daryl grunted. He didn't care about paint right now, he just wanted her in bed.

After they arranged the foam Elizabeth put a sheet over it, then two comforters. They used the large fluffy blanket to cover up with. Daryl started to feel her up once they laid down. Elizabeth took the extra two jugs of water with her and they say in the corner. "Daryl Dixon! If you want me to have sex with you, then get up and go take a shower!" She whispered loudly. Daryl scoffed, "aint got time fer' that shit!" He argued.

"Now!" Elizabeth said sternly. It was getting later and later. Daryl had spent a good twenty minutes on getting the foam, then another twenty cleaning the guard tower, then they spent time fixing the bed.

Cursing to himself he took the two jugs and went outside. He quickly stripped and dumped half a jug on him. He took a large amount of shampoo and lathered his hair up. It took a lot more than it did before the world ended, but that was because he hadn't had a hair cut in almost a year. He took some soap and lathered his body. He poured the remainder of the half jug on his body and took the other and did his hair. After getting cleaned, he slid on a pair of clean boxers and pants, then a ripped up old flannel.

Running back to the guard tower he smiled. Opening the door he frowned when he saw Elizabeth asleep. He didn't want to wake her up, so he let her sleep. He could always wait until morning. Getting down on the foam, he wrapped an arm around her. He kissed her forehead and couldn't wait until morning.

****
💛Comment & Vote!
Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥