Chapter 3: Wrong Group

The sunlight wasn't even up when Rick told the group to wake up. The women went off into a small group and changed, when Elizabeth tried to join she was shunned. "Listen honey, it's nothing against you, but you were out there for months with no one. You can't blame us for not trusting you," a woman named Lori told her.

Elizabeth went off into the woods by herself to change instead. Daryl had given her the dress back since Carol washed it for her, despite how uncomfortable she felt about Elizabeth. After changing into the dress again she headed towards the caravan of vehicles. "What the hell ya' doin' out here alone!" Daryl spat at her. She pushed herself up against a tree in fear. He got close to her and pointed towards camp. She quickly scurried back and into the truck. "Maybe ye' should ride with someone else, get comfortable with 'em." Daryl said hoping she would leave his truck, so he wouldn't have to stare at her gorgeous face all day. "They won't let me," she sighed. Daryl just grunted and got in the drivers side.

Daryl and Elizabeth led the way to the school. Elizabeth only spoke when she had to give directions because Daryl didn't seem to be enjoying her presence at the moment. About twenty minutes into the drive they saw a red truck sitting alongside the road with survivors. "Stay in the truck. I'll take care of it." Daryl said, "lock the door." He said getting out. The survivors consisted of four men and a boy. Elizabeth rolled down the window so she could hear what they were saying. Rick, Shane, and Glenn soon joined Daryl in talking with the men. "How many you got?" A man from the other group asked. "Too many for you to handle," Shane smirked. The other group looked like some backwoods crazies. They had a crazy look in their eyes that gave Elizabeth shivers. Elizabeth unlocked the doors, wanting to get out. She saw a man walk out of the woods and towards her truck, before she could lock the door again, he opened it and grabbed her by the arm. He held her tightly and put a gun to her head. "Looks like you got yourself a woman here." A man said. "Ye' get yer' hands off her!" Daryl yelled pointing his crossbow at him. The man walked over to his group with Elizabeth still in his grip. She could feel the wetness of her tears rolling down her face. "It's okay baby," the man said running a hand up her bare thigh. She bit down onto his hand and ran toward Daryl. When she got to Daryl she gripped his shirt as if she was falling to her death. He put his hand on her back and gently moved her behind him. "You got yourself a nice piece of ass brother." The man told Daryl. "Ya' best shut the hell up." Daryl spat back at the men. He couldn't help it. He wouldn't let them talk about Elizabeth that way. Rick noticed the group only had knives. He looked at Shane and nodded. Daryl and Glenn soon caught on to what was going to happen. "Now!" Rick whispered, and shots were fired. The men fell to the ground. They weren't dead, but injured. Rick and Shane took all their supplies and left them to bleed out. Daryl took Elizabeth back to the truck as she cried into his chest, holding on for dear life. "I thought I told ya' to lock the door," he said slamming his door shut then locking both of them. "I did, but I unlocked them." She cried while crossing her arms over her chest. Daryl reached over and took ahold of shoulder, turning her gently. "Son of a bitch left a bruise." Daryl grunted. She hitched a breath and sunk into the seat. They were soon on the road again, but only for an hour. They pulled over knowing that they wouldn't make it there in time to clear it out. They would rest for the remainder of the day then drive at dawn. Daryl got out of the truck to talk to Rick about raiding a small town that was close. Rick agreed, but Daryl had to take someone with him. "Change yer' clothes. Yer' comin' with me." Daryl said opening his door. Elizabeth quickly changed and followed Daryl into town. "Take this," he said handing her a knife. "Stay close." He whispered as they entered town from the back. "We'll hit the pharmacy first," he whispered. Luckily the window in the pharmacy was unlocked. Daryl climbed in first then helped Elizabeth in. "Looks like no ones been here." She commented picking up all the medicine. Daryl had brought four duffle bags for them to fill. One was filled with medicine and bandages. They finally made it to the grocery store that was already raided, except a few cans of food. They checked the rest of the town before breaking the glass of a vending machine and taking the snacks. "Kit-Kat." Daryl said throwing the candy bar to her. She caught it and smiled. "There's cars outside, should we look for gas now?" She asked peaking out the window. "Ya' lets go." Daryl said heaving the duffle bag over his shoulder, making his muscles flex. After getting what they needed from town the two started going back towards camp. Only killing one walker on the way back. "Finally," Rick said sighing and walking over to Daryl and Elizabeth. "Thank you," Rick told her. She smiled back faintly and went to the truck, knowing the group didn't like her.