four

Why did it have to be Saturday, out of all days. Amane inspected for any movement from the rooftop of a building. It was a good thing he had sent a babysitter for Haruto in advance, or he would have had an even bigger problem in his hands.

The agency had the gall to send him an extra mission just around the time of his designated meeting with Nene. Just his luck.

"Tell me why I'm here again." Kou gave him a side look, hesitantly gripping on the backpack full of gear behind him.

"I have somewhere important I need to be later. I'll need to finish this quickly, so you're going to have to help me here."

"You know I just give intel! My combat training isn't even that polished yet, and my brother will kill me if he finds out I'm doing this without telling him."

Amane put up the mask to his face, not bothering to make any eye contact with him. "Just tell him this is extra training for you, then."

"Ugh, fine. You're lucky I brought some extra gear especially for this."

"I knew you'd come around."

"Shut up."

And not even five minutes had passed by when a huge explosion suddenly occured.

Now pushing around a crate full of expensive jewelery, the two of them were now on the run from enemy attack.

"Midnight, you never said there were this many of them!!"

"It's not a lot. There's like, 38 of them from what I counted."

"That's still a lot of people, moron!" Kou ducked a bullet about to hit him on the head. He could only deadpan when Amane had already dispatched about four men to the ground behind his back.

"Show-off."

"There's no time to dwell on that, just get in the van!"

Kou loaded the cargo into their getaway van, Amane getting into the driver's seat and before more bullets could get to them, they had finally driven away from the scene.

"There's sure a lot of stuff here. They could go for millions, probably." said Kou, as he opened the crate seeing the countless stolen jewelry.

"I'm taking this one with me." To his surprise, Amane picked up a diamond ring from the pile.

"Hey, that's no fair! I don't even get any!"

"It's for a disguise, shut up."

--

Meanwhile, just outside the station, Nene checked on her wristwatch. It was already past the designated time she and Amane were to meet up. And he still hasn't come.

I wonder where he is. I hope he hasn't gotten into an accident, or something.

"A-achoo!" She shivered from the cold night breeze, even when she was wearing a pretty decent coat. She hadn't even noticed just how long she had been standing there by herself.

"Ah... Just as I thought. Once again, I get stood-up." Nene sighed. "I really have no luck with guys, huh? It's too bad for me..."

Why am I so disappointed? It was bound to happen, anyway.

I'll just have to go myself. I'm doing this for the sake of my older brother, after all. That's what matters.

"You're late, Nene-senpai!" Maiko greeted her by the doorway once she arrived. Nene bowed in apology.

"Sorry. I brought drinks, though."

"Where's your date? I thought you said you were coming with one?"