seven

Hello there! I'm Yugi Haruto! Seven years old, an an esper! (don't tell my parents)

Today, me, Papa and Mama made it to the final exam! Right now we're waiting for our turn.

It's so scary, though! A lotta other kids and their parents got kicked out already! And Papa's real nervous too! How do I know this? He's thinking about how he's never really felt so nervous as a spy, which isn't good!

It's our turn now. I have to do my bestest today!

There was a thick atmosphere that greeted Haruto and his parents the moment they entered the room. They were greeted by three men, one of them being the Housemaster himself sitting in the middle of the other two.

"Alright then, why don't we begin with some questions for the parents."

This guy's Walter Evans, the housemaster of the Marcus house, the 5th dormitory. He teaches Literature, and he's known to be mild-mannered and honest. He's a conservative and his students see him as a deeply trusting person.

Haruto noticed his father's gaze become sharper at the man.

Given his nature, giving genuine sensible answers seems like the safest bet on earning points from him.

"I see that this is your second marriage, but what sort of relationship did you have before getting married?"

Ah. An intrusive question so early on, huh.

"I met my wife by coincidence at a reputable tailor, in fact in the same place where your school uniforms are made." Amane put on a little smile, and to make his story a little more believable, he looked back to Nene, who jumped a little at his gaze.

"I was charmed by how dignified she presented herself." Not counting how she snuck up on me without me sensing her at all...

That's kinda lame of you, Papa. Haruto tried not to snicker out loud at what he was hearing in his father's thoughts.

"I had been hesitant to meet someone new after the passing of my previous wife, especially for my son, but the more I spent time with her, the more I felt like we both had a connection with one another. I realized that a kind woman like her would make a wonderful mother for Haruto."

Nene, on the other hand, felt her heart begin to pound. How can he say such lines so confidently? She knew it was all fake, but the way he spoke made it feel so real.

I hope my face doesn't look like a tomato by the end of this! Oh dear...!

"I see, I see. And what about you, ma'am?"

"O-oh! Um... I thought it was wonderful how much Amane cared for his son, and how considerate he was of my situation." Ahh, I hope I did it right! My face feels so hot right now! Why am I like this!

Evans nodded in agreement at her answer. "Hmm, yes, nothing is more important than family, indeed."

"But ma'am," Another man on the opposite side of the Housemaster spoke up. "You're an attractive woman. Why go for someone with such... baggage to lug around?"

"Now that is quite boorish, Professor Swan."

Murdoch Swan. Housemaster of the Clive house, 2nd dormitory. His advisory subject is Economics. He only got in his position due to the fact his father was the previous Headmaster.

Arrogant. Greedy. Inconsiderate. His divorce just went through last month, and he's even lost visitation rights to his daughter. Judging from all the things he's said in other interviews, he's jealous of the other families and tries to find faults in everyone. We should try not to provoke him.