six

now with extra art of the soon to meet trio: Haruto, Kirin and Mikan >:)

you know what. I'm an artist. I can use that to my fic writing advantages *evil laughing*

thank you for the support y'all given this silly fic 😭😭 seriously, I appreciate it! thank you very much!

--

Before anyone had known, after a few days had passed, it was now time for the entrance interview.

"Okay, today's the day. Let's run over our preparations one more time. Belongings check."

"All in order!" Nene presented her handbag, all filled with items they could possibly need for any sort of situation the school would throw at them.

Amane nodded. "That's good. Appearance check?"

"All in order as well!"

"And final vocabulary check?" He turned to Haruto, who straightened up and saluted.

"All in order! I'll do my bestest!"

Hand grasping the doorknob, Amane swung it open, stepping outside altogether. I can't help but worry, but still...

"Let's do this."

I've done all I could. I can't afford to lose...!

EDEN ACADEMY, MAIN ENTRANCE

"Whoa! It's huge!" Nene exclaimed in awe at the widespread reach of the school building. It could basically count as a castle on its own if it were possible!

"It is the most prestigious school in the country, after all." Amane remained calm, noting the sheer amount of parents and their children entering the gates alongside them.

There's a lot of strict competition this year, huh.

"Are you going to be alright in this crowd, Haruto?"

"Qui! All in order!" Haruto nodded vigorously. As long as he didn't go near groups of too many people, he should be able to feel fine. Hopefully.

As soon as the three of them stepped into the school grounds, Amane felt pairs of eyes upon him. It wasn't just him, though. Everyone else were being observed thoroughly.

An enemy? No, that'd be too risky in a place like this, even for someone of that sort. What an unpleasant, probing gaze.

But still... they're on par with amateurs. I can sense four on the overhead walkway, three on the bell tower, and a lot more in the buildings to our sides. Seeing as I've already memorized a list of people associated with the school, they are... faculty members!

As he had suspected, a group of people were surveying the crowd, communicating to each other through radio. He could see a man carefully write down something on a clipboard, perhaps a list of families that have passed this first test that has already began.

Keeping an eye and grading our every move, huh... I see now.

"Focus you two. The examiners are watching us. Just stay calm and act like we practiced." He whispered to Nene and Haruto, not leaving his eyes on the path.

"Eh? They're watching us now?" Nene admit, maybe that explained the uncomfortable sets of gazes she had been feeling a while ago.

Geez... I've never felt this nervous being watched over before. Well, we've come this far! Might as well get over it quickly!

"D-68 fails."

"A-12 fails."

"G-114 passes."